Lady Scope

|Anubis Von Hearth|
|Eight weeks later|

I'm fourteen weeks pregnant and every day I remind myself that two months ago this could've ended in the blink of an eye. Maybe the baby was still too small and insignificant for the rest of the world, but to me it became everything the moment I found out the fertilized egg was growing inside of me—that's how Napoleon has been calling the baby.

I was moved to the red house, in Tuscany, a week into my recovery and it's been rough to say the least but Napoleon has been so supportive and so has everyone else in the family. On Friday nights they invade Napo—our bedroom, and we watch Lilo & Stitch with everyone scattered around the floor, since my boyfriend has told them it could be dangerous for my wounds to be all mushed up.

 On Friday nights they invade Napo—our bedroom, and we watch Lilo & Stitch with everyone scattered around the floor, since my boyfriend has told them it could be dangerous for my wounds to be all mushed up

"Napoleon, stop it," I slapped his hand away and got up from the bed. "The eight weeks we stipulated have gone by and you faked my death so the assassin would  think their work was successful but now, it's time to find out who the fuck gave me two scars," my feet took me into the closet; gosh, it's still odd entering a room the size of many apartments and call it 'closet'.

"Anubis, it could be dangerous and you are fourteen weeks pregnant with our egg," he stated, following me into the closet. "You could get another bullet and this time it could be fatal for both you and the baby!"

"Your mother saved your father when she was pregnant with you," I said, looking through my dresses for one I can wear today; it's easier to go to the bathroom (Arabella gave me that tip).

"Princess, you can lead the investigation but if and when we have to go outside, I think it would be better for you to stay inside," his tone softened. I know he's worried sick about me being in the line of fire again, but by marrying him, my risk of getting murder increases by more than 300%.

I turned around to look at him as a deep sigh left my mouth "Do you realize this could've been someone from my past? Maybe someone who can connect the dots I've so desperately looked for my entire life."

The man nodded, taking my hands "I know, Anubis, I know how important this is for you but you and our little egg are my priority. Getting your answers does not mean standing in front of a loaded gun."

"Listen, baby," my hands moved up to cup his face "we'll see where this goes and then have this discussion, okay? It could lead us to nothing and we are here fighting," a light chuckle left my mouth.

His right eyebrow arched "Not fighting, we don't fight, we disagree and discuss things in a civilized matter."

My right eyebrow mimicked his' "Were you civilized when I said that ham is delicious on pizza?"