Lord Stubborn

|Napoleon DiStefano|

"She's not giving in, Napoleon," Artemis said on the other side of the line. "She really believes what happened was wrong."

"For fuck's sake, it was just a fucking chair!" I slammed my hand on my desk in anger.

My sister sighed "I know, brother; this is the stupidest fight in the history of the world."

"This is not even a fight," I rubbed my face frustrated. "This is Moor acting like a brat."

"What did you expect? She doesn't come from a big family like us. She's never had to share what's hers," Artemis stated.

My right eyebrow arched "She's not sharing me with anyone."

"She kinda is; you spend most of your day with Anubis."

My eyes rolled to the back of my head "Artemis, she's literally been working with me for a day."

"You get the point, pezzo di merda," my sister insulted.

(Piece of shit.)

"Artemisa!" I scolded.

"Just consider dropping your pride cloak and asking for forgiveness. One of you two has to give in, this is stupid."

"I know it's fucking stupid but I'm not giving in because she needs to learn," I cleared my throat. "Thank you. I love you, piccola."

"Love you too, piccolo," my sister hung up.

A deep sigh left my mouth as I leaned back, trying to think of a way to make Moor snap out of it; Anubis wasn't doing anything wrong, it's not like my hand was on her thigh or something. She was just eating at the same fucking table beside me. Maybe I'm too dense to understand her reason or maybe, most likely, I'm right.

I can't think with an empty stomach and my next meeting isn't until 4 pm so I'm gonna treat myself to a nice lunch.

My feet took me to the door as I undid my tie; it felt like someone was suffocating me. "Anubis, I'm going out for lunch."

"Yes, Napoleon," she followed behind me.

"I'll be back in two hours, Tia," I told my PA, walking past her desk.

"Yes, Sir," she replied.

In the elevator, Anubis stood beside me in silence "Do you like sushi, Anubis?" my eyes diverted to look at her.

"Yeah," she replied. "I love mushroom soup."

"Good, we are going to Nobu." It's not the best sushi place in town but it's close and their tempura is excellent.

We walked a few blocks and found ourselves in the restaurant. They gave us a table right away with a view of the bar; I enjoy watching people cook and the way they move the knife reminds me of torture but I don't like the bar unless everyone around me is someone I know so whenever the whole family comes.

A deep sigh left my mouth as I placed the cloth napkin across my lap "What–" Anubis wasn't across from me. My head moved to my right to find her standing there. "What are you doing, Anubis?"