Lord Entwined

|Napoleon DiStefano|
|Five days later|

My lips curved into a soft smile at the memory of Anubis humming the melody of the piece we danced in the empty shake shack. She quickly let go of everything and seemed to be in the moment. The woman is becoming important to me which is good, we need to have each other's backs and share chemistry for this to work. As I've said before, she'll be by my side until she decides to retire or my mother takes her away to make her the Athena's director.

"Napoleon, handsome?" Moor said as she gave my thigh a light squeeze under the table.

I cleared my throat and turned my head her way "Yes, sweetheart?"

"Do you remember Cecile and Esmée?" She asked with a smile.

I nodded "Your best friends from your year in France, why?"

"Well, since we are going to Paris today, I was thinking that while you take care of everything wedding-related, I could go spend the day with them. Unless you want me there with you, then I'll be with you," her hand rubbed my chest softly as our eyes locked.

"No, sweetheart, I know how much stress wedding stuff causes you so there's no need for you to go through that," I leaned in to peck her lips. "Besides, jet-lag has been torturing you and I'm certain a day with the girls will relax you; Artemis will keep me in line, okay?"

"Okay," she nodded as her cheeks turned slightly red. "I hate it when we fight, Napoleon, I don't want to do it again."

My right hand took hers to peck the back of it "We are not always going to agree, Moor, but we have to learn how to find common ground without going to war; my parents have been married for over three decades and they still fight from time to time, but the love is still burning as it has been for over 30 years. I want us to be like that, I want us to love each other at the end of every day no matter what."

My stunning ginger nodded "I promise, Napoleon," she hooked her arm around my neck and pulled me into a gentle kiss.

|Anubis Von Hearth|

"Yes, Arabella, everything's has gone smoothly," I replied as I was on the phone with my boss. "We leave for the airport in two hours," I looked down at my wristwatch.

"How has Moor been treating you, tiny?" She hasn't called me that in a long time, I didn't even remember but it made my heart flutter.

"Everything's going smoothly, I stay out of her way without endangering your son's safety," I told, looking at myself in the mirror to make sure my shimmery brown eyeshadow isn't overpowering; Amara somehow had someone bring me makeup to the house that is safe for my sensitive skin.

Arabella sighed "I'm so sorry she did that to you, tiny, she had no right to speak to you in such manner."

"There's no need to feel guilt, I shouldn't have been there and I apologize for causing trouble with your son's fiancée," my eyes fell to my hands. "I know it was disappointing—"

"Nonsense, Anubis," she interrupted and seemed offended by my apology. "It was a fucking chair and she should be mature enough to realize that you sitting there doesn't have repercussions on her relationship. I've never liked Moor but she's the woman my son chose and if he's happy then I'm happy—"

"Mom!" I heard Amara exclaim on the other side of the phone "I need your help!"

"I have to go, tiny, but if you need anything at all, don't even doubt to call me. Love you," she hung up.

A big smile appeared on my lips as I gazed back at my image on the mirror and whispered: "She still loves you..." I have always thought it was an infatuation for my toddler-self but she seems to love my person. It might sound pathetic or even creepy but Arabella is everything to me, if it weren't for her, I would be a nun, homeless or dead under a bridge. Maybe you're tired of hearing it but some days, it's all I think about.