Lady Standards

|Anubis Von Hearth|

"How does it look, Anubis?" Mr. DiStefano asked as the last few lines of his tattoo were being completed.

"Great, Sir," I cleared my throat, looking around the room at the countless drawings.

"You're not even looking," the man chuckled.

My eyes diverted to the bottom of his back at the butterfly tattoo with the initials of his youngest siblings gracefully hidden in it.

Once the artist was done, he wrapped kitchen film around Mr. DiStefano's torso. He already has many tattoos on his back, chest, hands and arms so they didn't give him instructions just said to treat it as the others.

"Thank you, Fender," he waved at the artist before leaving the tattoo shop in the Upper West Side. I opened the back door of the black SUV and waited for him to get it then climbed into the passenger seat, thinking about the sandwich I want to eat.

The ride back to the DiStefano residence was quiet; my boss fell asleep after talking on the phone with his fiancée for five minutes. Brad parked the car in the garage since it started pouring rain as we crossed the gates.

When the car came to a complete halt, I hopped off and gently opened the back door but the man didn't wake up "Mr. DiStefano," he groaned at me. A deep sigh left my mouth as I gripped his bicep gently "Sir, we ar—" I blocked his hand trying to stab my arm with a small blade.

Our eyes met and he was smiling at me "Great reflexes," he complimented. "Sorry about that but it's only fair to test the person with my life in their hands."

"It's only fair," I repeated before stepping back to give him space to get off.

"I hope we can be more than protector and protectee," he told sheathing the knife in the inner pockets of his jacket "after all we will spend every day together for as long as you can handle me."

My head let him know I agreed with a nod although I'm just here to get a job done "Yes, Sir."

"Good, awesome," we walked through the door that connects the foyer with the garage and his fiancée was looking through the glass of the black wooden doors. She seemed to be elsewhere. "Hi, sweetheart. Is everything okay?" My boss asked approaching her.

"I'll be in the kitchen if you need me Sir, good afternoon ma'am," I said while walking past them.

In the kitchen, I made myself a simple sandwich with cheese, ham, and tomato accompanied by a tall glass of water. I ran ten miles this morning; carbs are what my body deserves.

I've been to this house before, in fact, I played with Maximo, Luna, and Stella but that was over 15 years ago. They were all very nice to me, shared their toys, and invited me to stay for the night which did happen; we stayed up all night long playing. It was a great night. It's one of the oldest memories I have.