Lady Butterfly

|Anubis Von Hearth|

"I don't want you to go," Arabella stated as she helped me fold clothes for my luggage.

My eyes focused on her "I'll be okay, Arabella; you yourself have seen the security plans," I told.

She softly smiled "I know you can take care of yourself, little, I taught you everything and you are much better than me," she picked up the socks and knelt down in front of the suitcase "but I'm scared of what you will find."

My right eyebrow arched "Why? Is there something you know that I don't?"

Arabella lightly chuckled "Many things, bambolotta but nothing that has to do with this," after placing the socks in the net compartments, she got up and came back to the bed. "I wouldn't want you finding something about your past that hurts you," her hands gently cupped my face "I love you so much, I don't want to see you in pain, not again."

A blush rushed up my body as a smile appeared on my lips "To me you will always be my mother, Arabella but there's a part of me that feels uneasy not knowing where I come from. It doesn't mean that I am not grateful for everything you've done for me, I don't want you to think—"

"No, no," she shook her head, caressing my cheeks "I know what you mean, darling. You go find whatever you need to, to feel at peace and we will all be waiting here for you and Napoleon too," the woman chuckled.

I have never met a more gentle and kind soul than Arabella in my entire life—yes, she does have that bloody (literally) side but that's only for her job—and she would do anything for the people she loves...I knew she loved me but not like this, not to the degree of calling me her child.

After another fifteen minutes of talking and packing, she left the room once Napoleon came in with our dinner "Hey, princess," he placed the tray on the coffee table and came to peck my lips "everything all right?"

I nodded, gripping his shirt to pull him close "Yeah, I was just talking to your mom about how I want to have the baby here."

Napoleon cupped my face as a grin appeared on his lips "Really, princess?"

"Yes, baby," I showed him a grin "I want the baby to be born in the same place as you did, this place is a true home and I want our egg to feel nothing but love."

My boyfriend knelt in front of me and parted my legs to grab my waist and peck my stomach over my PJs "Egg, you are going to share one more thing with daddy."

A chuckle left my mouth as I ran my fingers through his hair "Have you packed everything you need for the trip?"

Napoleon nodded "But I think you're missing one essential thing," he whispered against my stomach.

"What?"

The man reached to his back pocket and pulled out a long velvet box I didn't spot when he came in "This," he pulled away to sit on his heels "it's a small token of my appreciation," he winked.

"I don't need a diamond brace—" my eyes went wide and I became speechless at the piece of jewellery sitting on the navy blue velvet: an engagement ring. A cushion cut diamond engagement ring.

 A cushion cut diamond engagement ring