Lord To Please

|Napoleon DiStefano|

After dancing for three hours last night, we went upstairs to her bedroom to eat some ice cream and watch the sunrise from her bedroom window. She told me all about the first birthday party my mother threw her, and it made me question all those times my mother has told me I'm her favorite.

"Your mother has always given me the best birthdays but this is my favorite so far," she told, leaning her head against the wall, looking out the window as the gentle orange light illuminated her face, fighting with the glow of her eyes. "Since we share a birthday, Arabella was never able to be with me on the exact day and I always wondered how the boy she so deeply loved would be," her eyes looked my way as a light smile played on her lips.

I cleared my throat, glancing down at my hands, trying to hide my nervousness "And how have I behaved?"

"Today? Better than other times," she yawned and her eyes slowly fluttered close. "I hadn't had this much fun in so much time, thank you for giving me a nice birthday."

I got up on my feet and slithered my arms under her body to pick her up "We still have another four hours until the plane takes off, sleep," I gently placed her down and covered her with a throw blanket.

Just as I was turning around, she reached for my hand and held it tightly "Wait."

I turned around to look at her "Yes, princess?" My cheeks instantly turned red; I shouldn't be calling her that but she wasn't fazed.

"I just wanted to say that I really like your socks," she whispered, tickling my palm with her nails. "I always love it when you wear pink or lilac," she let go of my hand and turned on her side to give me her back...and left me paralyzed.

That's a thing right? Best friends can tell that to best friends and you feeling like this is normal? Right? Maybe I should go have sex with Moor. Yeah that sounds like a good idea, sex always helps me think straight.

"All right, I'll see you in a couple of hours, princess—" I rubbed my temples, trying to push some reason into my fucking brain.

It's not that I don't like how I feel when I'm with Anubis, it's that I'm alarmed because of how good I feel when I'm with her. I've had the signed copy of Sybil Abbot for almost six weeks now and I didn't give it to her on Christmas because she stayed at her house the entire week off she had, and I didn't want to bother her and I didn't want anyone to think anything of it—

"Why do you look like you're about to throw up?" Amara's voice coming from the top of the stairs startled me. "What did you do? Why did you get scared?"

"I had a rough night. I was up all night, working and the vodka I drank last night didn't help," I said, rushing up the steps to meet her at the top. My sight immediately caught the initials on her shirt 'NZ' "Why are you wearing Nikolai's t-shirt?"

Her cheeks immediately turned red; fuck no. Amara can date whoever the fuck she wants but not Nikolai, I've seen how he breaks hearts and it's not a pretty sight.

"Because it's comfy," she cleared her throat "Ravena steals your shirts sometimes too and you don't say anything to her," her tone does not need to be this defensive if she isn't hiding anything.

My right eyebrow arched "Amara, are you fucking Nikolai?"

"Woah!" She put her hands up "that's some rather foul language to be using around your little sister—"

"Just tell me the truth," I interrupted, crossing my arms. "I won't be mad, I just want to know what's going on in this household," one thing to have for certain would be quite nice.