Lord Gaze

|Napoleon DiStefano|

When the plane touched down, Anubis was still asleep with the heavy blanket still covering her up to her mouth which is something that Artemis does too, so my first instinct would be to slap her forehead to wake her up but our trust is not there yet "What are you doing, creep?" Bradley walked out of the bathroom with his black suit on.

I cleared my throat, glancing between Brad and Anubis "Just thinking about how to wake her up, I don't want to scare her."

"Staring at her is not a good technique," he chuckled, standing beside me.

A deep sigh left my mouth "Any ideas?"

Brad nodded and swiftly reached for her nose to pinch it but before that could happen, Anubis caught his wrist "Ouch. Break. I won't be able to drive," Anubis let go of him. "Jesus, woman, you're strong."

She got up and commenced folding the blanket "Next time just try tapping my hand," Anubis placed the folded item on her seat and picked up her bag from the floor. "Shall we, gentlemen?" The woman walked past us, gazing at her wristwatch.

"Woman, you broke my—"

"Don't whine, I barely gripped you," she cut him off, making me smile.

"She's my favorite," Brad smirked, picking up his backpack. "Anyway, why are we here if the meeting is not until tomorrow?"

I slipped on my sunglasses "I already explained Anubis."

Brad hummed "Yeah but I'm not Anubis."

A deep sigh left my mouth "Tia and Ms. O'Connor's assistant mixed up the dates; shit happens all the time, my job is to be ready for it," I stepped off the plane behind Anubis who was loading her things onto the trunk of a black SUV.

Brad and I stood at the foot of the staircase, watching as Anubis told a man that she could load the luggage herself "I know we fall in love with people because of their intellect and everything that isn't shallow but this woman is a Greek sculpture. Maybe she's Cleopatra's reincarnation mixed with a Mortal Kombat character," Brad commented.

A soft chuckle left my mouth "She's exceptional."

The man beside me patted my back "Did you have fun with her at lunch?"

I nodded "Yeah, I have a feeling that when I'm talking she's actually listening to me and she laughs at my dumb jokes—"

"Your mom probably told her to."

"Can I just win one—"

"Mr. DiStefano," Anubis said, holding the door open for me.

Brad chuckled "Never," the man rushed to the driver's seat which here is on the other side.

"Thank you, Anubis," my feet approached me to the vehicle.

"Anytime, Sir," she lightly bowed her head.

It's 8:40 am in London so the first thing on my schedule, before going to the meeting, is getting some food in my system and the one's of Brad and Anubis since they will need it too. From Oxford international Airport to my townhouse in London, near the Royal Richmond Park, it's a 90-minute drive. I didn't want a townhouse in London, it was a choice that Moor took on our first trip as a couple and I haven't even seen the house since then so my fiancée did all the decorating. She loves houses and grew up with seven around the world.

I grew up with more than seven around the world but my parents raised me to not feel entitled. Fuck. Whenever we fight, all the imperfections heighten. Maybe I should call her and apologize to end the unnecessary quarrel.