Lady Knight

|Anubis Von Hearth|

It's hard to even walk because as much as I do want to kill Adilah, I don't want my father to resent me for it in the future.

A deep sigh left my mouth as I sat on the interior pool's edge with my feet inside, and a tall glass of raspberry lemonade Catalina made for me.

"How are you doing?" Catalina asked from the stairs that connect the pool with the gym.

"Kinda wish I wasn't pregnant to chug down a bottle of vodka and drown in this pool. Was that too dark?" My eyes focused on her.

The woman chuckled softly as she approached me "Sort of but I understand," she kicked her shoes off and sat down beside me. "Haven't been pregnant but I have felt like dying was a necessity at some point in my life, especially the previous weeks before being given the opportunity to work for Nikolai."

A soft smile curved my lips "You seem really close to him."

Catalina let out a deep sigh "I know every dark corner of him as he does mine, besides, I torture people for him and with him; you know how close that can bring you to someone."

"Why aren't you part of the Athenas, dear?" I inquired.

She leaned back on her hands "My opportunity to enter this world came thanks to someone who used to be close to Nikolai, this person took me in and helped me go back to who I was before."

"Before?" My right eyebrow arched.

The woman nodded "Before I had to—"

"Princess?" Napoleon called out as he rushed down the stairs.

"I'm here," I told as he reached the bottom. "What is it, baby?"

"Well, I was wondering if we could talk," his feet approached him to me.

"Sure, baby," I nodded with a soft smile, looking up at him. Catalina cleared her throat and left the room with his shoes in hand "We'll talk later, Catalina!" I shouted as she climbed up the steps.

She chuckled "¡Sí que sí!"

(We sure will!)

Napoleon sat on one of the lounge chairs and took his jacket off "Why did you leave in the middle of dinner, princess? What's wrong?"

A bitter chuckle left my mouth "A lot of things are wrong right now, Napoleon, and I'm not used to being supported by many people so at times it just gets so intense for me," my hands raised to rub my face. "I'm sorry, baby, I'm just not used to it, and now my dad has given me green light to kill her wife—"

"It's a lot," he sat down behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist to pull me close. "I know, princess, I know..." he whispered against the side of my neck before giving it a light peck. "You're scared he will one day regret taking that decision and blame it all on you which could possibly lead to the rupture of the relationship."

I nodded, uncovering my face, letting the empty room be a witness of my tears "I just don't want to lose what I just found and have been looking for for so long. I know he didn't raise me or even knew of my existence, but he's the only connection I'll ever have to my biological mother, and I want a relationship with him more than anything."