chapter 3

Fear gnawed at your heart. As much as you hated to show any type of emotion, you couldn't help but let your hands shake in worry.

It had been like any other day really. Woke up bright and early, ready to head down to the basement and train. After a short break and a plain meal, you got back to the hustle, determined to not become the punching bag again.

But it all came crashing down when the door to the training room was slammed open.

You watched in horror as Chisaki walked across the room, dragging poor Eri behind him. The small girl whimpered in fear, clutching onto her dress tightly. She looked up, and her teary eyes met yours, pleading for you to do something.

Without thinking, you jumped in front of his path, refusing to look directly into his eyes. Chisaki stood there, his face contorted into anger. "Move."

It was a direct command, the first word you've heard from the man in weeks. It made you panic, but you knew what he was capable of. You've witnessed it first hand, but you couldn't be weak. You couldn't let Eri down.

"I'll take the punishment. Just let her go."

It didn't take a genius to figure out that something was wrong. It was rare for Chisaki to harm his precious tool. He only allowed the scientists to touch her, enough to draw supplies for his anti-quirk bullets.

But on those rare occasions where he wasn't pleased... it was never a pretty sight. Something must have gone wrong when they went on their walk outside, based on how much the girl was trembling.

"Don't hurt her." It was pathetic really. You were raised to be strong, to be indestructible. A soldier since birth. But Eri was your weakness, and if you had to beg, then so be it.

"She's just a kid. You need her to be healthy, I'll take her place." You refused to look up, eyes focused on the wall behind him. But from the corner of your eye, you saw him shift from a tense position to one of relaxation.

Chisaki turned slightly towards one of the guards in the room, his gaze still fixated on you. "Take Eri to her room. Everybody leave."

It was a good sign, that much you knew. If Eri was leaving, then he had no plans on hurting her now. But still, you swallowed your fear, knowing exactly what came next.

The once full training room remained empty as everyone left, aware of the violence that would come next. No one wanted to witness it, and nobody really wanted to get on the boss' bad side either.

Rooted to your spot, your gaze never changed as Chisaki stalked around you. His malicious voice echoing throughout the room. "I'm happy to see you take your role so seriously Y/n. Here, you deserve a treat."

There was no point in flinching away, the outcome was always the same.

The pain was indescribable.

Every fiber in your body was being yanked apart. The atoms that composed your body separated by force. It felt like your entire body was on fire.

That was his doing. His quirk. To disassemble and assemble again.

Which is what he did when things didn't go his way.

And you got in his way. And he had to teach you a lesson.

Even if you didn't want to yell, you had to. Your body was begging for some type of release. It was itching to do something.

You were weak, and the man in front of you knew it.

So you yelled. You yelled until your throat began to burn. You yelled as tears swooped down your face. That was all you could do as he broke down your body to pieces and forced them together again.