chapter 14

Tossing and turning in bed, you finally gave up on getting some sleep.

Inching out of bed, you opened the door to your room slightly and peeked out. The hallway was empty, there was no light coming from the bottom floor, meaning he must have gone to bed.

Sighing, you close the door again and turn around, ready to climb into bed again.

Your movement didn't go unnoticed. Red eyes glittered under the moonlight, "Y/n?"

"Sorry angel, I just wanted to check something."

Walking deeper into the room, you laid down with Eri as you cuddled her close. She must have been awake just like you. Meaning she was having just as much trouble as you to get some sleep in this new place. Less than 48 hours ago, you were under Chisaki's clutches, and now you were miles away under a new roof. It was all too much, too sudden.

It would be a foolish move to trust so easily.

...

Waking up early, Aizawa stopped in front of your room, noticing that the door was left slightly open. Pushing the door open, he noticed that the bed was empty with no sign of you. Refusing to give into the panic that bloomed in his chest, Aizawa walked deeper into the room.

The sight made him stop in his tracks.

Eri was draped over you as she clutched the elephant plushie. You were laying on your back, with one hand over Eri's shoulder, sleeping nice and sound.

Of course. Aizawa seemed to have forgotten the fact that you've always slept in her room. It seemed like having two beds didn't matter much.

Walking out of the room, he closed the door behind him and began to trek down to the kitchen for a nice cup of coffee.

As he waited for the coffee to brew, his instincts let him know that he wasn't alone.

"Good morning Y/n."

"Morning Aizawa."

Taking a seat by the counter, you rested your chin on your hand as you watched the tired man's attempt at waking up.

"Any plans for today?"

Small talk. Yuck.

Shrugging, you looked at the man as he sipped his coffee, a satisfied sigh escaping his lips. "Can't really go anywhere."

"There's a gym on campus that's never used due to the new one built. We can go there if you want."

That was enough to perk you up. The training was all you knew, and if you had the opportunity to regain some normalcy, that would be great. Nodding, you accepted the offer.

"Well, we can wait for Eri to wake up. Have some breakfast, and then we can go ahead."

Giving him a hum of approval, you were ready to turn around and get ready before you stopped. Turning around to face Aizawa, you spoke softly. "I never really thanked you for everything. You saved my sister, even offered to take care of us. We've never experienced such kindness before, so this means a lot."

Before you could slip away after being uncharacteristically vulnerable, Aizawa lifted an arm up. "C'mere kiddo."

Puffing your cheeks out in embarrassment, you gave into and welcomed the hug. It was a unique feeling, feeling his stubble scratch the top of your forehead and he vaguely smelled like coffee and lavender? It was comforting.

The hug was cut short as footsteps echoed through the house. Eri padded into the kitchen, clutching her new toy in one hand.

Waking up alone had frightened her. For a second, she believed it was all a dream and Overhaul was coming to hurt her.