chapter 16

Bakugo POV

...

Grabbing a plate of his own, Bakugo took a seat at the dining table, instantly surrounded by the fools he calls friends.

Thank god it wasn't his turn to cook because he didn't have the energy nor patience to focus on cooking.

Usually, cooking was a way to relax and cool off.

But his head was busy with other thoughts.

He had been hyped about being a part of a real hero mission alongside top heroes. But it's been about three weeks now since it all went down, and nothing new was happening.

A small part of him hoped that this mission would open up the doors to more. No more fighting against dummies and rescuing robots at the USJ.

Being in a real mission only fueled his desire to go out there and do some actual work.

Sighing, he focused on his meal, occasionally tuning in to whatever garbage his friends were spewing.

The entire class was seated all around, enjoying the meal Iida and Kaminari had prepared- well mostly Iida because pikachu was a menace in the kitchen.

All conversations paused when Deku cleared his throat, asking for his peers attention.

Rolling his eyes at the nerd, he simply quirked an eyebrow up at him.

"Um hey guys. I have some news to share that Aizawa wanted me to pass on."

By now, everybody had paused their eating to fully pay attention.

"This is about the mission we did against Overhaul. As you know, we were successful. We managed to not only rescue Eri but her sister as well and they are both recovering under Aizawa's care. The quirk erasing bullets have been confiscated and the police are looking in ways to reverse the effects."

Small cheers erupted all around.

Everybody was quite proud of their work. There had been no casualties, with only a few amount of people needing medical care.

But all of Class 2-A had given it their all.

Smiling, he continued. "I have been able to see the sisters and a few of you have asked me how they're doing and wishing to meet them."

"Yeah! I want to see Eri!"

"I didn't know she had a sister until that day."

"Nobody did."

"Can we meet them Midoriya?"

The boy raised a hand up, and his peers got quiet again.

"Aizawa has been slowly integrating them into society. You all know how Eri had been used for her quirk. It appears that she was being harmed for about two years. However, her sister Y/n has been abused for far longer. In fact, she had been locked up in that building for 16 years. So they have been taking it slow. But Aizawa believes she is ready for the next step: meeting us all."

People began to mumble all around.

"Oh wow."

"16 years? How awful."

"I'm glad we managed to save her too."

"Must be hard for her, makes sense why we haven't seen them."

"Maybe we should make them something, so that they're comfortable with us."

"Yeah! Like a welcome party? Or something smaller."