chapter 21

Sliding open the door to Class 2-A, you realized that most desks were already occupied as the few students inside were seated in theirs.

Fumbling with the tie in your hand, you took a step inside, trying to not appear as awkward as you currently felt. Pretty sure you failed as Jirou waved her hand at you, beckoning you to come over.

Walking down the aisle, you took a seat on top of one of the desks.

"Excited? First day at U.A and everything."

"First day at a school ever actually. Never been before. Definitely excited and nervous."

Eri had made you promise over the phone this morning to tell her everything that happened at school. Since she was technically under the protection of U.A due to the possibility of villains attacking her to make more bullets, she had not been able to enroll in a normal school. And so you promised her to make the most out of your first day and give her a detailed report.

Yaoyorozu walked into the door, pausing to kiss her girlfriend good morning. As class Vice President, she took it upon herself to introduce you to the class rules, along with indicating where your seat was located.

"Good morning Y/n! Welcome to class 2-A. Your seat is the one behind Todoroki, next to Shinso's."

"Thank you Yaoyorozu, I love your hair by the way."

The girl blushed as she touched her ponytail lightly, but before she could respond, a particular blond came up to you.

"You're on my seat," he said as he stood in the aisle, hands tucked into the pockets of his uniform pants. His uniform shirt was unbuttoned, with no tie in sight and a blazer lazily thrown over his shoulders. It was comical, how the two soulmates didn't seem to understand that the tie was a part of the uniform.

Why he didn't wear his was unknown. Your excuse was that you never leaned how to properly tie a tie, and therefore the contraption was forgotten.

Smiling, you jumped off the desk you were sitting on. "Sorry, didn't know it was yours."

What shocked everyone was what came next. Instead of blasting you to hell like he's done with literally everybody that's done that, he merely nodded instead and slid into his seat.

Maybe being soulmates made him kind, everybody thought as they watched the interaction.

That was the most normal thing Bakugo had ever said in their presence.

The memory of this morning fluttered through your mind, causing you to turn away and face your new desk.

The events of the night before flashed through you mind. As morning came, Bakugo had remained in your bed, tightly wrapped around you and refused to let go in his deep slumber. It wasn't until you pinched his stomach did he finally groan and wake up, only to fumble off the bed and scatter out your room.

It was a very weird morning. This had been the first interaction you've had with him since then.

Was he feeling embarrassed for having stayed the night? You were the one who should be feeling that way, especially after how strong you came off when you asked him to stay.

The bell soon rang and everybody dashed to their seats, straightening up as Aizawa walked through the door. The tired man simply stood in front of his desk, looking over all of his students.

"As you guys know, the Sports Festival is upon us once again. Two weeks from now. Better start preparing for it. Therefore, today we will be doing some 1v1 battles, similar to the format of the finalist bracket the Sport Festival has. Everybody, get dressed in your P.E uniforms. Y/n stay a minute. Dismissed."