chapter 51

Song: You Were Never Gone by Hannah Ellis. 

I feel like this song captures Y/n's feelings/thoughts upon reuniting with the brother she thought she lost.

...

The wind seems to shift as the battle rages. There are moments where it is still, and everybody seems frozen in position. And the next, it races around, following the dancing movement of everybody on the battlefield. Your movements are fluid, like water racing through a coursing river. They are fierce and deadly, each attack perfectly aimed. A promise is visible in your eyes. You had promised to end the fight before any lives were lost.

And yet, the hero side is losing. Bodies are slowly dropping, hitting the ground harshly, and you aren't there to ease their fall. You see the fallen bodies from the corner of your eyes, but you can't seem to stop. The battle continues as people fight around the dead bodies.

Somehow, you end up on top of a building, chasing Shigaraki who seems to slip away from your grip at the last second. There is the crackle of lightning in the air, accompanied by the booming sound of explosions, and you know you aren't alone.

It's funny how quickly things change. One second, the ship is sailing with the wind in its favor. And the next, the ocean rages against the ship while the wind breaks the sails.

Pushed back against the edge of the roof, your foot collides with Shigaraki's chest, sending him back a couple of feet. The attack gives you enough room to regain your footing. This would've been easier if your power was at the tip of your fingertips like it usually is, but today, it is gone like a whisper of the night. It is nowhere to be seen. Maybe that is why the war is still going on.

"Y/n!" A voice cries out, and you look to the right, seeing a body dangling over the edge. They're clinging onto the rail of the roof, but their hand is slowly slipping. In this scene, Touya dangles with one hand holding onto Hawks' unconscious body, and the other holds onto the thin rail. His hands are tied, and fire won't get him out of this situation. In the back of your mind, you're aware that Shigaraki is slowly making his way towards you, taunting you with all the deaths. But you merely ignore him as you rush towards the edge and clasp Touya's wrist with two hands, trying to pull him over.

There is simply too much weight, and you wished you had your quirk at this moment. Oh, how easy it would be for purple to wrap around them and fly them down to safety. Instead, your semi sweaty hands are clawing for some type of friction, while your arms burn with exhaustion. You weren't physically strong enough to pull two grown men back onto the safety of the roof, and Touya reaches the same conclusion as he gives you a small smile.

"Just let me go. We'll meet again soon." He says and stops holding onto your wrist. Now, it is only your grip that is keeping him from pummelling down to the ground.

But how can he suggest that? You just got him back. The sun was supposed to shine upon you both. You deserved this. You deserved a good life after the shitty childhood you had. You deserved to win the fight, defeat the bad guys, and come out victorious with everybody. So why was he giving up?

"No! Just wait, I'll figure something out. Please hang on." You beg, tears trailing down your face and dripping off. Some tears fall on Touya's face, while the rest fall towards the ground. Your arms start to shake from the exhaustion, and you feel his hand slowly begin to slip from yours. He doesn't even make an effort to hold on, simply giving you that mischievous smile of his that you loved so much. This might be the last time you'll ever see it. This time, his death would be final. No more fake deaths.