Chapter 35

Song: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - Waltz of the Flowers

...

The news about the U.A Gala soon reached every corner of school. Everybody was buzzing in excitement. The first years were jealous, they wanted to attend and were sad that they couldn't. However that didn't stop them from being up to date with everything concerning the event. In fact, a lot of eyes were on the hero department, specifically the second year hero classes.

Everyday, the official accounts for Class 2-A would be updated by various members of the class. Sometimes it was a new TikTok that shined the spotlight on them getting ready for the U.A Gala such as shoe shopping. Other times it was livestreams, giving the people an insight on their weekly routine and what they were up to. They even got official clips of their heroic class battles, and those seemed to gain a lot of attention as society began to realize just how much potential they had.

However, what everybody seemed to tune into were the Q&A sessions that were hosted every evening by different members. The first day was strong, being held by Pinky, Chargebolt, Uravity, Ingenium and Tsukuyomi. It gave them a little insight on their personalities, made them seem more human in the eyes of civilians.

Right now, Class 2-A were just heroes-in-training and nothing more. But the idea of live-streaming and answering questions (suggested by Principal Nezu) was successful because now they seemed to realize that they were just kids- students who trained hard everyday to save them.

And today was the main event everybody seemed to be waiting for.

Sitting on the bed, the camera was placed on the small table across from you as you shifted forward to grab the index cards Iida had presented you with that had questions and comments people had been requesting.

It was your turn to host a Q&A.

For other sessions, you had made an appearance in the background of whoever was recording. For example, for Midoriya, you were walking by in the common room and ruffled his hair, completely unaware of the camera recording. The next time, you had slid Todoroki a bowl of food and the people had caught the action. And then yesterday, Bakugo and Kirishima did a combined session where you walked into Bakugo's room to grab the sweater you left behind, only for Kiri to expose you, calling out "Hey Y/n, sorry for taking your seat."

With your account pulled up, you take a deep breath and click 'live.' The door to your room was open in case anybody wanted to come in and say hey.

You waited a few seconds, seeing the comments immediately begin to pile in as you leaned forward to read. "Hey guys, it's Kinesis here. Thanks for tuning in for my Q&A, let's give it a few seconds before I start. Want to give everybody a chance to join ya know."

There was a spam going on so you tried to address people, saying hi to a few usernames that caught your attention.

"Room tour? You guys are actually interested in that?"

The incoming spam of 'YES' was answer enough. Laughing lightly, you raise the phone up as you walk around, pointing the camera briefly at every corner of your room. "It's not that interesting but here you go."

Maybe this media thing wasn't so bad. Returning to the bed, you clear your throat before officially beginning. "Okay lets start. First question: Why the name Kinesis?" Placing the card to the side, you lean on your knee to better look at the chat. "Well, my quirk in simple terms is telekinesis, so if you shorten that, you get Kinesis. Pretty straightforward."

Outside your room, you see Aoyama pass by who sends a kiss your way, to which you pretend to catch before reading the next card.

"Why did you want to become a hero? That's a good one- and there's not really an answer. I didn't just wake up and say 'hey I'm going to be a hero.' It was a result. I had a pretty rough childhood before being adopted, so never did I think I was good enough to be a hero. But it was my father that convinced me, he was proud of me and said I had potential. So I thought 'you know what, why not.' And yeah."