chapter 50

Song: My Tears Are Becoming A Sea by M83

This song was on repeat while writing this song. It was giving me a lot of 'main character' vibes so you know I had to include it. Enjoy!

...

When did media become so important? Part of you was glad to have spent your life without technology because people were obsessed. To be specific, it was the villains. Like shit, couldn't the League do anything without putting it on the fucking internet? You were groaning, making sure your displeasure and judgment were heard loud and clear as the League set up the same camera from before. You didn't give a crap when they shot you annoyed looks, tired of your attitude.

Too damn bad. You had the right to have an attitude. They had kidnapped you, beat the shit out of you, beat the shit out of your mentor, and were planning on beating the shit out of your brother. Was that not a good enough reason to have an attitude?

"This again? I rate it -388493/10. This shit lame." You called out, narrowing your eyes at the minor villain who sent a kick towards Hawks' crumpled body. "Try that shit again, and I'm going to rip your leg off," you snarled at him. They were leaving him at your feet but made you move your position. They took away your trusty chair, making you kneel on the floor with your hands cuffed in front of you, resting right by Hawks. It probably wasn't the most comfortable position, and you were sure that they did that on purpose. But as time trickled on, there was a familiar buzzing underneath your skin, and it almost made you weep on the spot.

"I've missed you," you say softly, low enough that nobody but Hawks heard. And based on the slight twitch of his swollen face, he was probably trying to grin.

Hawks felt at ease now. No power rivaled yours. Knowing that you were slowly building up strength, Hawks let himself drift in and out of consciousness, allowing the pain to drown out Shigraki's monologue.

"For months, Hawks has been working with the League of Villains, bringing us information, telling us when and where to attack to cause the most chaos. We believed he was on our side, but it turns out he was just a traitor. He betrayed the heroes, and he betrayed us. It was because of him... and our other source, that we managed to kidnap poor little Y/n. Look at her, she's gone completely insane." To prove his point, you smirk and snap your teeth at the camera. "I think it's only right that we kill her mentor in front of her. Nothing is better than getting sweet revenge."

Shigaraki gives the audience that sinister smile of his, where his teeth show, and his eyes go a little crazy. He takes a step closer to Hawks, bending down and fully intending on decaying the young hero on the spot. What he didn't expect was for you to lash out.

He thought this had finally broken you. Hawks had betrayed you, he had played a role in your kidnapping, and for some reason, you were still defending him? He didn't believe it. But when you shifted forward and headbutted him in the face, Shigraki could only gasp as he held his broken nose, wondering if it had all been an act. You played the role perfectly. Illusion had worn you down, and they were so sure that this would've been the last straw. When you snapped your teeth at him, it was evil and perfect villain behavior.

"Touch him, and you die."

"Change of plans. It looks like we'll be killing two birds with one stone." Shigaraki stated, not even a little bit concerned with your threat. "Y/n, you've been an awful guest. You didn't let Illusion break your mind or destroy your memories. You broke about five noses since you've been here. And we're not fond of the scent of your blood on these walls."

You pursued your lips, looking at the camera in a 'Can you believe the shit he's saying right now?' way. Rolling your eyes, you lean back onto the heels of your feet which causes the chains to rattle and the noise fills up the room. "You kidnapped me. You made me believe my soulmate was dead. Let's not forget that you shot me and suppressed my quirk. And now you're after my mentor and my brother. I think what I'm about to do next is justifiable."