chapter 25

There was no time to rest as the second event of the day was called. All 40 participants waited nervously as Midnight stood in front of the giant screen. The wheel began to spin, landing on an interesting name.

Duo Battle Royale.

Whatever that meant.

"For this event, you must group into pairs and will be allowed to choose your partners. Keep in mind that you will be tied together. That's right, you will use this," she lifted some type of rope, a thick red material, "to wrap around you."

Interesting. Some people would go with the obvious and tie the rope like some sort of handcuff. Others could try and wrap it around their ankles or maybe even their thighs. But it would be hard to move at the same pace. Mobility would be limited so legs wasn't an option. Maybe wrap the rope around the waist would be a good idea, that would leave room to move and shift around, as long as nobody tripped.

Midnight continued with her explanation, "Out of the twenty teams, only the top ten will get to move on. Each team will be awarded a band of a certain color that will represents the team's points. Similarly to last year, each team's band will consist of the two players points added up and points will be distributed based on their placement in the first event."

Placing first meant being awarded the highest amount of points- a good thing since it meant you only had to keep a grip on your band and will for sure place in the top ten. But also a bad thing as everybody will set their eyes on the highest ribbon possible.

Still, game on. They could try all they want, but they won't get it from you.

Noticing the looks everybody was giving you, you looked at them all slowly, a smirk plastered on your face as you shrugged. The act of confidence was different compared to Midoriya's nervous state last year.

Last year, it was easy to pick on Midoriya since he was small and weak.

But an aura of confidence and power emitted from you, and so they knew that you weren't going down without a fight.

As the screen above displayed everybody's points, Midnight began the timer to create the pairs.

Class 2-A was hit with a wave of deja vu as they scattered to create their groups. Last year, everybody had avoided Midoriya like the plagued, not wanting to be on the team with the guy who breaks all his bones. This year was different. Instead of avoiding you because of the large number on your head, people began to approach you, throwing out offers and how you should team up with them.

They should've known better.

There was only one person you were willing to work with, and he was strutting towards you.

"Ready to kick their fucking asses Scar?"

"Hell yeah."

The matching blood thirsty grins on you and Bakugo should've been a clear sign that you were both in it to win it and take home the victory.

It was time to strategize.

Bakugo's quirk consisted of using his arms, therefore tying his wrists or anything on the upper body would limit him, thus making it a bad move. Some would say that it would also be bad for you since they 'believed' your quirk needed arm movements. What they didn't know was that it was all a cover up. By making them believe you depended on your hands to use your quirk, they would immediately tried to immobilize your hands which gives you an upper hand.

That only left you with one option.

"I'm thinking we tie your ankle and my wrist. Now hear me out, a lot of people will struggle with moving together as one but we can avoid that if we move as one literally."