chapter 58

Song: Still With You by Jungkook (BTS)

The words in italics and centered are the English lyrics to the song :)

Enjoy!

...

Weightless.

There was nothing grounding you to the earth as before. You were free as you laid on the ground, looking up at the swaying clouds that seem to drift, but they never really do. The sky was a crystal blue, so vibrant and happy, and you couldn't help but smile up at it as the sun beamed down on you. You were aware of your surroundings without needing your quirk to map out the unfamiliar scenery. But you somehow knew you were at peace.

your light voice that passes by me
would you please call my name one more time

although I'm paused underneath the frozen sunset
i'll walk towards you one step at a time

However, there is a ripple in the water and a shift in the air. You turn to the side to look up at the source of the shadow. Raising a hand, you block the rays of sun in your eyes to look at him properly.

"Never thought I'd see you again," you say before taking your original position, looking back up at the sky as a cool summer breeze flutters over your body.

He sighs before taking a seat on the ground next to you, his joints no longer squeaking, and the cough he used to have was gone. "You shouldn't be here," he clarifies, his fingers tapping against the ground, and the water ripples.

In this strange place, everything seemed perfect with all the light coming in. But it was a trap, and the man knew there was no room for you. There was a life you still had to live.

"I know," the two little words are reluctant, "but isn't it beautiful? I don't think I'll ever find a view like this." It was paradise.

"Y/n," the Boss states sternly, and it triggers something buried. You sit up rigidly, a frown on your face as the wind begins to pick up. "You know what this place is, right?"

Do you?

You look around. The ground looks like glass, like a place where the sky met the earth, forming this perfect balance in nature. There was no pain here. Not even an ounce of guilt or stress, something you had been living with the last couple of weeks. In the back of your mind, you are aware that this wasn't real, not even in the slightest. But you let yourself indulge in the fantasy, enjoying the feeling of being completely free. There is a flash of the moment that led to this, and you groan as you dig the bottom of your palms into your eyes, desperate to make the images go away.

dark night, with no light
i shouldn't get used to it, but i've gotten used to it

"You can't run away from it. I thought I raised you to be better than this," the Boss bonks you on the head, and you shoot the old man a glare. "Stop being stupid and get out of here."

"Why?"

He watched as you threw your hands up exasperatedly and only tsked, the noise making you go rigid. It's been so long since you've heard that reprimanding sound, and god, you fucking hated it.

"Look around, foolish girl. You are on the brink of death, and when I say brink, I mean you're hanging on by the thinnest thread. Everything may look perfect, but this is the moment between life or death, where you choose to fight for the life you want or give up and wave goodbye. So tell me," he turns to look at you, the wrinkles of his frown making you feel small. "Are you ready to say goodbye?"