chapter 19

Bakugo Katsuki has a soul mark.

It was a fact.

The proof in his head. Maybe not the best piece of evidence but he knew what he was talking about.

The day he went home and sat down with his family to eat dinner, a voice rang through his head. It wasn't his conscious or some shit like that, no it was distinctly a girl's voice, squeaky and annoying.

His mother was absolutely thrilled, she couldn't believe he had a soulmate. There was someone out there, destined to love him... for him.

Younger him detested it, he didn't want a soulmate. They were just going to hold him back from becoming the number one hero. The top hero didn't need distractions, look at All Might!

So he did everything he could to block it out. Whenever the voice began to ring in his head, he tried to blast the music even louder, until it drowned out the other voice. He took sleeping pills that made sure he was knocked out dead, and that no pesky voice would interrupt his slumber.

His family knew about the bond, and then the Midoriya family knew. Meaning dumb ass Deku knew.

The shitty nerd had bombarded him with questions, writing down theories about what the bond type could mean, who their soulmate could be, and so much more.

But then, he did some growing up.

Keyword "some".

Because he still had a lot of things to work on.

But he no longer felt ashamed about having a soul bond. Yes, he still kept it a secret, but out of privacy really.

That didn't mean he was prepared to meet his soulmate anytime soon. Part of him hoped that he would meet them in a couple years, and by then he'd be a better man.

So when the girl he had saved during his first hero mission showed up, kicked all the villains' assess without even breaking a sweat and single handedly saved them all during the attack... he was fucking fuming.

He wasn't about to sit by like some goddamn weakling that needed rescuing. He was a fucking hero and the only reason he was even in this situation was because they drugged the food. The villains knew they didn't stand a chance and had to slip in some quirk suppressant- weaklings really.

But what he didn't really expect was to take a glance at your hands and freeze.

The vision he had... the delicate, bandaged hands. Those were your hands. Why he didn't realize that the day of the rescue was unknown to him, he was too caught up in swearing every curse word at Overhaul to pay attention to anything else.

But it was you. You were his fucking soulmate.

You literally flipped his world upside down. In a second.

And he knew he had to do something. Sure, he was a prickly asshole but things were different between you and him. You weren't just some extra like everybody else, a side character in his life. No, you were the main person in his life, something deep and intimate bonded you both for life.

He couldn't be a dick to you, it wasn't right.

Therefore, he did the next best thing.

Sing.

He stood there and gazed into your eyes, feeling the same rush of emotions that you were currently feeling. He never let anybody touch him, nobody. But the feeling of your skin on his was surreal.

"Uh guys? Earth to Y/n and Bakubro?"

The sudden voice of the bright yellow haired boy interrupted whatever was going on between you both.