chapter 71

Special shoutout to Rabbit Hole by AViVA, that song inspired the scene between Illusion and Bakugo. Enjoy!

Song: 0 (zero) by LMYK [English version]

I recommend listening to the original version (Japanese), it's amazing!

"Was it you who I've been searching for?
Spent my life alone and waited for?
So tenderly and endlessly
You made me whole, you made me whole

And the walls I build, they melt away
With every touch on your embrace
Every day, every night, every note I play
You made me whole, you made me whole"

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

There was noise picking up in the background, sudden movement outside the cell room as bodies hurried down the corridor, away from the noise and towards safety. The increase in chaos caught Illusion's attention, dragging his gaze away from Bakugo, the villain's nose slowly leaking blood. The blood trickled down, over his lip, down to his chin, only to drip off his face and touch Bakugo's wrist. The explosive boy only scowled harder as the temptation to wipe the blood off got strong.

Illusion grabbed Bakugo's hand, shoving him away as he calmly walked to the door, opening it up and stepping out. The last thing the trio heard were his words, "What's going on?"

Bakugo quickly turned around, examining the chains he was still connected to, tugging on them hard to test their durability. He was able to break one of the cuffs off, but the quirk suppressors remained on since they were made from a thick material, the type police and heroes use to subdue any villain. There was no breaking out of those without a quirk.

"Kacchan, we have to hurry. Get us out of here," Midoriya tugged on his hands, trying to copy Bakugo's earlier movements, hoping he'd free at least a hand. Todoroki did the same, a little more successful due to how loose the cuffs were on his skinny wrist. "We need to escape while they're panicking. You think the heroes arrived?"

"We can't take our chances," Todoroki commented, trying to stand up and lunge away from the chair they were currently tied to. With enough force and the help of gravity, he should be able to break free from the metal cuffs.

"I fucking know that. Stay still, Deku," Bakugo snapped, wrapping his arm around the last piece of metal danging on his wrist. Counting to three, he pulled his arm back, grinning when the cuffs broke, liberating him. Turning half around, he grabbed the cuffs on Midoriya until his knuckles turned white, "On the count of three, dumbass, pull with all the fucking strength you have."

"Got it, Kacchan."

"Hurry," Todoroki warned, straining his ear, trying to determine Illusion's position. Was the villain still in the hallway outside? Did he leave to figure out what all the commotion was about? Who knew.

"Don't tell me what to do, Icyhot!" Still, Bakugo pulled with all his might as Midoriya did the same. A few tries later, pulling until the muscles in his shoulder bugled, the chain broke. "C'mon, get his too," Bakugo instructed Midoriya, who was quick to throw his metal cuffs on the floor and wrap his hands on Todoroki's.

Once the trio were free, they looked over the room, trying to find anything to break the quirk suppressors but no luck. They'd have to move on without their quirk, relying on natural battle instincts.

"Go without me," Midoriya stated, walking over to the door, testing his luck to see if it was unlocked. It wasn't. "When Illusion comes back, I'll keep him busy while you two try to leave."