chapter 60

It was unusual to find you pacing.

That was his first sign, warning him that something wasn't going according to plan. Rather than letting himself get caught up in wild theories and possibilities, he took a seat by the round table, clearing his throat loudly to catch your attention.

The throat clearing launched you into motion, your hands pulling out folders that stored information about the League and everything tied to the string of lies. He watched in amusement, but soon, it faded into a grimace of horror. Images upon images were plastered to the blank wall in the front of the room, creating the mural of war that didn't sit well with the hero, but it didn't stop there. Red string connected the missing dots, forming some elaborate web that came to one conclusion.

The war would happen in less than a month.

"Are you sure?" Aizawa asked, running a hand through his hair, only for his fingers to get stuck in the knots.

At the question, you paused. Your hands still held the ball of red yarn, and you stared up at your creation, hoping that it was all a mistake. That somehow the war would never occur and your friends would never have to battle at the raw age of sixteen. But dishonesty and lies would get them killed, so instead, you nod your head stiffly, piecing another image to an event that had occurred. "I am."

"Right," he rubbed his jaw, feeling the stubble that he had neglected to shave off again. "Tell me what happened."

"It was supposed to go smoothly. Evacuate the passengers, which I did. Then knock out the villain holding the plane hostage, which I also did."

"But then he showed up."

You nod, "He stepped through the portal, trying to have some small talk with me. At first, I entertained his fake act of politeness, trying to understand his reasons for remaining loyal to the League. But then it took a turn. It was all some elaborate game for him, trying to mess with my head and let me lose control. He assumed I would fall for it, considering his high spec quirk would allow him to be steps ahead."

"So he failed his mission."

"Basically." The wall was full of information gathered about the League with the help of the police and heroes, and you wondered if something was missing. Something that you weren't seeing. "I'm assuming they were counting on me letting down my guard so that they could take me out. They wanted me to die in that airplane."

"Did Nezu escape?"

"He did, along with the villain on board. I told him no more playing games, so he realized it was time to go. Next thing you know, a portal is opening back again but not before the semi-conscious villain hits a button or something. It happened so quickly."

"But everybody got out safe, so that's all that matters." He stands up before pointing an accusing finger at you, "Also, you're not off the hook just yet. You're supposed to be recovering still, and even though you acted appropriately and saved the day, that could've been another close call."

The lecture was something you knew was going to happen. And yet, you only grinned at your old man before hugging him, knowing that Aizawa couldn't get angry at his daughters. They were his weaknesses.

"Fine," he begrudgingly stated after returning the hug, "you're off the hook this time. But I'm being serious Y/n, no more getting involved in fights and hero work until cleared."

"Yes, dad," you tip-toe to kiss his cheek, "I'll be going back to class. Remember Zashi is cooking tonight so look good."

"Why?" He grumbled, wishing he could show up to dinner at his own home in sweats and a sweater.