chapter 33

Manga Spoilers Beware: If you wish not to know, skip the area marked with +++.

Spoilers about Dabi's identity.

...

The home was impressive- a bit too traditional for your taste but the house was secluded, adorned by a large garden and backyard. Sighing, you knock on the door, already hearing voices inside which meant you were late to the dinner.

It was only you. Hawks was initially going to be there but he got a call and had to fly away, probably something to do with the Hero Commission. The internships were ending and Hawks hadn't completed his mission yet- convincing you to do the commission's dirty work.

White hair.

That was the first sight that greeted you and your breath hitched. That white hair, it seemed so familiar, but as your eyes strayed down, disappointment hit you. Grey eyes looked down at you, accompanied by a strong jaw- a jaw that resembled Endeavor's and you knew this wasn't your brother.

Natsuo Todoroki stood at the entrance, "You must be Shoto's friend. Come in, first door to the left."

"Thank you for welcoming me in." Stepping into the hallway, you slip your shoes off and slide into one of the available slippers there before following directions to the dinner table. They were already seated, apparently waiting for you as the dishes' warm aroma drifted into the air. On one end was the hero himself, a stern impassive look on his face as he glanced up to you. To the left was Midoriya and Bakugo, a seat empty between them, probably for you. To the right were the three Todoroki siblings, politely sitting as the sister beckoned you to take a seat.

"Welcome Y/n. I hope you're hungry."

"Starving actually, it smells delicious." Taking a seat, you greet the others softly, squeezing Bakugo's hand reassuringly but never looking at Endeavor.

Utensils were raised in the air, everybody serving themselves food as a quiet atmosphere settled. A bit tense and uncomfortable based on the constant shifting from Midoriya next to you. Bakugo noticed and hissed, "Stop moving Deku."

"I can't help it," the other hissed back, probably worried about the outcome of this dinner.

Clearing her throat, Fuyumi smiled across from you. "Sorry for the late notice."

"It was nothing, pretty rare to see a friend's house. The food is delicious by the way, you have to share this recipe with me."

The girl laughed, "Funny, your boyfriend said about the same thing when he first visited."

You cast Bakugo a funny look to which he rolled his eyes and continued eating like he was proving his point- the food was delicious no denying that. "I'm Fuyumi, Shoto's older sister and I teach at an elementary school nearby. This is Shoto's older brother Natsuo and he's in college."

Natsuo scratched the back of his head awkwardly, probably wanting to run from this dinner and you didn't blame him. "Hey what's up."

In Fuyumi's eyes, you didn't know her and was therefore being polite by introducing herself and her family. But you knew about her, and not from Shoto. Still, you managed a tight smile. "I'm Aizawa Y/n, a classmate of Shoto's."

"We saw you on the news next to Hawks!"

"Mm yeah, I'm interning under him."

"Didn't Endeavor offer you a position, why didn't you take it?"

Three bodies froze, tensed as they awaited your answers. The drop in temperature wasn't from any quirk but from your words. "I don't like Endeavor."