chapter 73

Song: Villain by K/DA

"Is it really a surprise
If I'm playing with your mind
And I treat you like prize
Then I throw you to the side
And am I really that bad
If l love to make you mad
And get happy when your sad
Only care about a bag"

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

The echo of footsteps bounced off the buildings of U.A., a slow clapping getting louder as the man reached the center of the courtyard, standing proud in a matching suit, his tie the color of your power. You wondered if that was on purpose, a way of him getting dressed up to welcome the addition of a new weapon to his arsenal. Has this been his plan all along? You were getting fucking sick of being a puppet. A piece to his game of chess— strung along in his game of manipulation and pain. This man... he orchestrated it all. He was behind your kidnapping, behind the torture, behind every little incident that has led up to his moment. And right behind him had been that traitorous creature. It was disgusting of Nezu to take advantage of a broken girl who had nobody, to take her trust only to stab her in the fucking back. And for what? To gain brownie points with a century-old villain?

It was a good thing that Nezu wasn't present, but he made himself the number one target on your hit list. After this war was over, you'd be coming for him.

Without wasting time, you shot a hand out, the Nomus crawling up the building spazzing before hitting the ground, their bioengineered bodies dead as your quirk had killed them from the inside. Your eyes met Aizawa's and a second was all that was needed as he understood the emotions you were trying to reveal. Whether AFO was after you or Eri, you weren't going to leave U.A without defeating him first.

Although it kills Aizawa to leave one of his daughters to protect the other, he understood that this was your sacrifice, your choice, not his. Gritting his teeth, he wrapped the extra length of his capture weapon around Eri's body, trying to comfort her while swinging away, hitting the ground with running feet, trying to not lose the opportunity you gave him.

"Daddy," Eri whimpered, her body shaking, tiny hands gripping the front of his hero suit, tears pooling up in those beautiful eyes of hers, seconds away from rolling down her plump cheeks. "I'm scared," she confessed, curling her body into Aizawa's, seeking the heat from his body as comfort.

Before he could answer, a Nomu bounced at him. Aizawa hadn't seen this type of Nomu before; it was smaller than the rest but quicker, and based on its physical features, it seemed to resemble some type of animal, like a tiger or leopard. Except the Nomu looked sickly, its ribs protruding and its skin hairless and gray. Sharp claws sank into Aizawa's leg, ripping out a chunk of his muscle, making the hero bite his lips in pain, his knees buckling as he hit the ground hard. Aizawa barely had enough time to turn his body to hit the floor first, making sure Eri didn't slip from his grip.

Dizzy upon impact, Aizawa lost his breath and needed a second for his body to catch up to his brain. It's moving, his mind supplied him, and Aizawa couldn't even move the bottom portion of his body without immediately wincing. The injury was grave, and at the rate that it was bleeding, the exposure to the dirt and germs around, the odds weren't in his favor. If Aizawa wanted to save his leg, he needed to wrap it now to stop the bleeding and seek medical attention. But the only fabric he had on hand was his capture weapon.

So the question was: will he use it to protect Eri from the predatory Nomu, or use it to save his leg?

It wasn't even a question as Aizawa willed himself to stand up, grunting while putting the majority of his weight on his uninjured leg. Bracing himself, he took a deep breath in before hopping forward, almost crumpling to the floor as he accidentally put too much weight on the injured leg.