chapter 17

Lurching forward, something was holding your wrists back.

Blinking around, you realized that the room was dark and the silhouette of someone was visible from the corner of your eye. Squinting at the figure, you tried to let your eyes adjust, but they remained just a mass of darkness.

Metal was digging into your wrist as you tugged at them again, but no matter how hard to tugged, you were essentially stuck.

Panic began to sieze your body.

Where were you?

Where was Eri?

And Aizawa?

Was it all just a dream? It couldn't be. It felt too real, there was no way you had dreamed it all up. But something wasn't adding up here.

A sound in the distance caused your heart to speed up, your senses going crazy, telling you that danger was approaching. Like an animal caught, you began to thrash around, wishing to escape before the thing that made the noise arrived.

But it was no use.

Bright light flooded into the room, causing you to instinctively curl away, shutting your eyes tight as the light blinded you.

"You're awake. Good."

No.

It can't be.

Slightly opening your eyes, your worst nightmare became true.

Standing in front of you, was Chisaki. His mask was fixed, no longer torn off his face like the last time you saw him. The maniac gleam was still in his eyes, but there was still something else swimming in his eyes.

Happiness.

Footsteps echoed through the room and the noise made you curl more into yourself. Hunched, you began to stare at the floor.

He hated when you made eye contact with him. It was one of his rules.

Based on the tiles on the floor and the steel chair you were tied to, you were back in the white room.

Oh how desperately you wanted to cry out, cursing the universe for being cruel. You had escaped, you were so sure of it. So why were you back here? Why?

"There's no escaping me Y/n. You knew what would happen if you tried..." His voice trailed off, pure joy coating his words causing you to frown in confusion.

What was he talking about?

Realization hit you.

"Fuck you!" You yelled out, your body jumping forward, trying to latch on to him and hurt him. But the metal binds held you back and he just clapped, amused by the situation.

"That's right. Due to your act of treason, I went ahead with your punishment. Don't you remember? After all, you were there."

"What are you talking about?"

"Look around Y/n."

The scene shifted.

The room was stained red. The once white walls had a red substance leaking down, dripping onto the floor, causing puddles. It was...

Blood.

Blood everywhere.

The scent hit you next. It was foul, causing your nose to twist in disgust.