Chapter 61

(Meghan's POV)

I walked around for a while before I decided to go back to the house. I felt numb from the icy wind. I pulled my jacket closer and slowly walked home. When I got there I wasn't surprised that Nick' s car was still in the driveway. I unlocked the door and stepped inside. I pulled my jacket off suddenly feeling really hot underneath the layers.

Nick, Miley, and Joe were in the living room when I glanced in. "Meghan wait." Nick called out as I went to just go upstairs. I stopped and looked over at him. Miley looked like she had been crying but I tried not to think about it to much. I focused my attention back on Nick.

(Nick' s POV)

I looked pleadingly at Meghan. She hesitantly walked into the room while still keeping her distance from me. I tried to not let her see how that affected me. "Meghan, me and Miley are over. we have been for a while. Nothing is going on between us." I told her. "Yet." I heard her mumble to herself. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Meghan please." I begged. she looked confused as tears started to fall down her face.

I resisted the urge to stand up and brush them away. "You still have feelings for her." she whispered as Joe tried to calm her down. I was quiet for a moment. "And you still have feelings for Kevin." I said. I seen her freeze. I know I hit a weak spot for her but I needed for her to understand.

"at least I'm not getting texts from Kevin telling me to ditch you so we hang out at some random place where God knows what could happen." she told me suddenly angry. "I told Miley that was inappropriate! And at least I haven't kissed her." I told her standing up.

the next thing I knew, her hand collided with my face. I touched my cheek shocked. Joe pulled Meghan back and started to talk to her quietly. she shook her head before turning back to me. "well there is your chance Nick. She is sitting right there." she told me. I looked at her for a moment before grabbing my keys and my jacket. "I know." I told her as I left. she stared after me confused.

(Joe's POV)

"Did you have to hit him?" I asked her once Miley left. she shrugged. "I don't know but it felt good." she replied. I had to fight the urge to laugh. I knew that she noticed when she smiled slightly. "Did you think that he was going to really kiss her?" I asked. she shrugged. "I don't know what I thought he was going to do. I don't know why I took it that far. honestly if he did I would have probably killed her right then and there." she replied. this time I laughed. "You really don't like Miley do you?" I asked. she shook her head. "Yep." she replied.

(Meghan' s POV)

**the next day**

I kept to myself almost the entire day. I wasn't even in the mood to go get ice cream with everyone, knowing that Nick would be there. he hasn't tried to talk to me yet, which I'm grateful for. earlier today Kevin stopped me in the hall to talk. I noticed that Nick got pissed off by that. I couldn't help but feel satisfaction. "Are you coming for ice cream?" Kevin asked me. I shook my head. "Nah, I'm good." I told him.

Nick watched us carefully, trying to not be noticed. "Oh okay. I'll see you later then." Kevin told me heading for his car. I nodded silently. "Looks like I'm not in the mood for ice cream either." Nick told me walking up to me. I shrugged. "If you say so Nick." I replied. he looked at me annoyed. he grabbed my wrist roughly. once I got over the shock I tried to pull away from him.

"we need to talk about this." he told me, pulling me along behind him. "Let go of me!" I told him, pulling against his grip. he finally let go when we got to his car. " I'm not getting in there." I told him. "Meghan don't make me put you in there myself." he told me. I stared at him trying to decide on wether he was serious or not. I didn't take any chances and opened the door. he got into the drivers seat. the ride was silent. I rubbed at my wrist gently.

I noticed him glance at me with concern in his eyes but decided to ignore it. I continued to look out the window as he pulled to a stop. "The lake?" I asked him. he didn't answer me as he got out and opened my door. when I got out he closed it behind me. "Why here?" I asked him. "Why not here?" he asked right back. "would you stop being annoying." I told him.

he sighed. "Meghan there is a reason that me and Miley are not together anymore. she cheated on me. not only that but we just don't get along to well anymore." he told me. I listened quietly. when I didn't answer him he just continued. "Please Meghan. You asked if I still care about Miley. well...yeah I do. but not how you think." he said.

"Nick we don't get along either. we are always fighting about something. Miley is right when she said I wasn't any different than any other fan. I get jealous all the time. it's not fair to you." I told him. he shook his head. "Meghan please. I need you. I love you." he added.