Chapter 64

(Meghan' s POV)

I went to the bathroom and wiped at the fresh tears running down my face. He seen the bruises. there was no way that I could hide them anymore. he is sure to tell Nick about what he had seen. I rubbed at my wrist gently. the first bell rang and I sighed. when I got to History, Nick was already sitting in the back looking at his phone. I walked back and sat down in the desk next to him. he looked up at me and smiled.

I smiled back, trying to remain calm. Damon walked in and sat at the empty desk near the door. he looked back at me and I just avoided eye contact with him. Nick moved his desk closer to mine. he took my hand and rubbed circles onto the back of my hand with his thumb. I relaxed at his touch. he smiled at me again. I tried to focus on the lecture, but guilt crashed over me. after class I almost told Nick about last night but Joe interrupted. he glanced at me before turning to Nick.

"Nick I need your help getting some things to the car." Joe told him. he nodded. "See you later?" Nick asked me. I nodded as I watched their retreating figures. For the rest of the day I just kept to myself, trying to make it through the rest of the day.

(Joe's POV)

Nick helped me move the stuff to the car. it took us a couple of trips before we got everything out there. "Nick?" I asked. he looked up at me. "What's up?" he asked. I rubbed the back of my neck. "Did Meghan get hurt in dance yesterday?" I asked. he looked at me confused. "No. Why?" he asked standing up. "I don't know." I told him, turning my back on him. "Joe what are you not telling me?" he asked. "She has bruises on her wrists." I told him. he was quiet for a minute.

"How do you know?" he asked. I turned to look at him. "I seen them." I replied. he looked at me quietly. "I'll talk to her and see what happened." he told me, grabbing his bag and walking away. I sighed, hoping I did the right thing by telling him. I closed the trunk of the car and headed back inside. I seen Meghan crying at her locker. I wanted to go over, but I decided against it and went to class instead.

(Kevin's POV)

I kissed Taylor quickly before she hurried to get to her class. I had a period off so I decided to go to the courtyard. I was on my way when I seen Meghan and Damon at her locker. I could see the tear stains on her face. I ducked behind the corner. "Please." Meghan whispered. Damon just laughed. "Last night you took me by surprise. I won't fall for that again." he told her as he grabbed a hold of her. she winced as he grabbed her wrists.

I could feel the anger building up inside of me. Damon kissed her neck and I lost it. "Stop it." Meghan told him, crying again.

"She said stop." I told Damon angrily. he smirked me as he pulled Meghan against him roughly. Meghan looked at me pleadingly as she tried to get out of his grip. I could see the bruises on her wrists. I glared at Damon. "Is Jonas in love with his brothers girl? this is just too good." Damon said, smirking down at Meg.

he ran his free hand down her back, making her shiver. I growled. "Kevin please don't." Meg told me. I looked at her quickly before looking back at Damon. he just smirked. "Get lost Jonas. Meg and I have some unfinished business from last night to take care of." he hissed at me. as soon as I seen the fear flash across her face, I lost it. I threw myself at Damon. he shoved Meg aside as he tried to fen me off.

(Meghan' s POV)

I looked around frantically as Kevin and Damon continued to fight. just then Joe came around the corner. "Joe get them to stop." I told him desperately as he ran over to me. Joe put himself between Kevin and Damon. "That's enough!" Joe yelled at the both of them. "Its not enough. You should have seen what he was doing to Meghan! And today wasn't the first time, it happened last night as well!" Kevin screamed at Joe as he wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth. Joe turned to Damon. "Get lost." he told him. Damon glared. he grabbed his stuff and walked away, knowing that he was out numbered now that Joe was here.

"Are you ok?" Joe asked me. I nodded. Kevin walked up to me and grabbed my arm. he pushed back my sleeves and looked at the bruises. Joe looked over his shoulder. "Why didn't you say something last night when this happened?" Kevin asked me. I didn't answer him. he sighed running his fingers though his hair. "I asked you this morning about this. you told me it was nothing." Joe told me. I nodded. "Meg you lied to me." he added. I wiped away tears that escaped.

Joe sighed and pulled me into a hug. "Don't cry." he told me. I looked over Joe's shoulder at Kevin. he glared back at me. I winced and buried my face into Joe's neck. he looked back at Kevin angrily. "Go calm down." he told him, grabbing my things. "Come on. I'm gonna go get Nick and then we are going to take you home." he told me. I nodded suddenly afraid to face Nick. Joe took me to the car before he went back to get Nick from Psychology 150. when they got back Nick jumped into the back with me. I moved closer to him and leaned against him quietly. he rubbed my arm gently.