Chapter 52

(Nick's POV)

"Oh my gosh Nick I am so sorry." Meghan said quickly while starting to pace the length of my room. I grabbed her arm gently to stop her from pacing. "Don't say sorry." I told her gently, kissing her forehead. there was a knock on the door. "Come in." I called. Kevin pushed the door open carefully. Joe was standing behind him. He still looked upset but when he seen Meghan his expression softened. "Are you alright?" Kevin asked her while studying her face carefully. she nodded slowly, avoiding eye contact with anyone. "i think...I'm just going to go home." she said quietly. I was going to object when Joe beat me to it. "Maybe you should stay here for the night and go home in the morning." Joe told her. she shook her head. "No. I just want to go home." she replied.

"No." Kevin told her forcefully. I looked at him shocked at his tone. he looked shocked at himself before he quickly covered it up. Meghan slowly gave up.I pushed her jacket off of her shoulders gently and laid it on the back of my chair. "Hey come play a game with me." Joe told her as he grabbed her hand and gently pulled her out of the room. she glanced back at me quickly before Joe pulled her downstairs. I sighed and turned to Kevin. We just looked at eachother in silence. "You do know that Miley is never going to give up now don't you?" He asked me. I shook my head. "Yeah i know that. I can deal with her." I told him as he left. I changed into a T-shirt and a pair of sweat pants before going back downstairs to find Joe and Meghan.

(Meghan's POV)

I tried to pay attention to what Joe was telling me about but my mind kept wandering off. I thought about Miley and how she was all over Nick. I dont know what came over me earlier. It just makes me so frustrated when girls hang on Nick but I didn't know i was capeable of starting a fight like that. To be honest i think it was just because of who she was that made me get like that. I know that Nick was in love with her when they were together. It's obvious that she is still in love with him. The last thing i heard from her was when she got up on stage and announced to all of those fans that the song she was singing was about Nick.

I snapped back to reality when Joe started to wave his hand in front of my face. I blinked a few times before focusing on his face. he looked worried. "Meghan are you ok?' he asked me. I nodded. he didn't look convinced. when Nick came into the room I stared at him. "She's zoning out." Joe told him. Nick rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. I stood up almost knocking Joe out of the way. "Nick I think that I need some time alone." I told him.

(Nick's POV)

I looked at her quietly. "Nick i just need some time. Please dont be mad at me." she told me. "I'm not mad at you." i told her. she looked at Joe. "Can  I talk to Nick alone for a few minutes?" she asked him. he nodded and went upstairs. "Nick I think that we need to take some time apart." she told me. I froze and looked at her. "Why?" I asked her. she was quiet for a minute. "I can't deal with her Nick. It's obvious that you loved her. I dont know, maybe you still do. And I know that she still loves you. I mean who am i kidding? All i am doing is holding her place. besides she is not going to give up Nick." she told me as tears starting to fall down her face again. I shook my head.

"Meg. I am not in love with her anymore." I told her. she shook her head. "I just need some time away from this." she told me backing towards the stairs. "I'm sorry Nick." she sobbed as she ran upstairs. I stayed where I was and flinched when i heard the front door slam shut. Joe and Kevin came down a few moments later. They both looked at me expectantly. I cleared my throat. "She just broke up with me." I told them. They looked at me shocked. "What?" Joe asked. "You two are crazy for eachother. that doesn't make any sense." Kevin said trying to wrap his head around it. I nodded. "I love her." i said more to myself then my brothers.

(Meghan's POV)

when i got back to my house i climbed the stairs to my bedroom. I changed into a pair of sweats and curled up underneath my blankets. I laid there in complete silence for a while before i started to cry again. Joe called me a few times throughout the night but i kept ignoring his calls. i knew that if i answered them he would try to talk me out of the break up. It's better to end it now then to have my heart broken later.