Chapter 47

(Meghan's POV)

I pulled my blanket up around my shoulers again when I felt the steady cold breeze. "Why don't you just turn the air conditioning off?" Kevin asked me. I shrugged. "It gets to hot in here again if I do that." I told him as he switched it off anyways. After a few minutes I folded the blanket up and laid it across the back of the couch. My cell phone rang. "Yeah Joe?" I asked him. "Is Kevin there?" he asked me. "Yea just got here." I replied. "Alright well Nick is on his way over." he told me. As we hung up, I turned to Kevin. "Nick is on his way over here." I told him. He looked panicked. "I have to go." He told me grabbing his jacket. I grabbed his arm. "No. Stay." I told him. He looked at me hesitantly. I could see the confusion cross his face. "You cant keep running from your brother Kevin." I told him. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. I watched him noticing the similarities between him and Nick.

(Nick's POV)

As I pulled into the driveway Meghan was waiting for me at the door. I pulled my hood up and stepped out into the rain. As I got inside I pulled my jacket off. I noticed Kevin. He was avoiding my gaze. I looked back at Meghan. "He got here a few minutes ago." she told me quietly. "He's probably looking to start kissing you again I assume." I told her. She froze and looked at me. I turned back towards Kevin. "Nick.." he started before freezing. "Meghan told me you kissed her yesterday." I told him. He nodded. "I'm sorry. I guess my feelings haven't really went away." he added. I just looked at him.

(Joe's  POV)

"I was so stupid" I told myself as I slammed the door to the house closed. I angerly took off my jacket and threw it into the closet not bothering to hang it up. I raked my fingers through my hair. My cell started to ring. When I seen that it was Tracy I took the phone threw it against the wall. How could I let myself believe that I could trust her. My phone beeped letting me know that I had a new voicemail. I dialed the number and typed in my password. a few moments later, Tracy's voice spilled over the reciever.

"Joe please call me back. It wasnt what you thought it was. You have to believe me. I would never cheat on you. I love you. you know that! Please just call me back."

I deleted the message and paced the room. I debated on weather or not I should call her back. I know what I saw when I went to her place. There was no doubt in my mind that she had been cheating on me with that guy from our spanish class. Last time I check, you dont kiss someone else if you have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Instead of going over to talk to Tracy I decided to go and check to see if Meghan, Nick and Kevin are working things out.. The last thing I need is for someone to die right now. When I arrived Nicks car was still in the driveway. I pulled in as close as I could without hitting his car before I went to knock on the door. Kevin opened it soon after. "You ok?" I asked him as he left me by. he nodded. "Yeah Nicks mad but we talked it out. I need to learn to keep my hands to myself while they are dating. Its one thing to have feelings, its another to act on them." he told me. I nodded suprised he would admit that he was wrong about this. "Where are Nick and Meghan?" I asked him. "Downstairs, I just came up to let you in." he told me as I followed him down to the basement. Meghan look from her phone and then to me. She stood up and walked over to me. I hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry." she told me. I nodded.