Chapter 42

"I'm sorry Nick. Really, i just dont want you to get sick because of me." i told him. he sighed before sitting up. "I told you that i would be fine." he told me kind of irritated. "I know, I know but still........" i trailed off. he raked his fingers through his hair and stood up. "Fine, forget about it." he told me as he left the room, closing the door a little harder than necessary. I wiped at the tears that found their way down my face. "Stop crying. he'll get over it." i told myself as i laid back down and curled up under the covers.

(Joe's POV)

i went in to check on meg when i heard her coughing from down the hallway. i opened the door and peeked in. "Is it safe?" i asked her. "No but your going to come in anyway." she told me. "Yea..." i told her. she just laughed. "How are you feeling?" i asked. she shrugged. "Ive got a cough now...in case you missed that." she told me. "Trust me thats something that i didnt miss." i told her. she smiled. "Joe?" she asked me. "What?" i asked. "Has Nick said anything about me to you?" she asked. i looked at her confused. "What do you mean? is everything ok?" i asked her. "No...he got mad at me for not wanting to kiss him earlier. i just dont want him to get sick....he hasnt been back up to see me." she told me messing with her rings. i placed my hand under her chin and made her look at me. "Dont worry about him. he will come to his senses. he just doesnt like being told no." i told her. she nodded.

(Kevin's POV)

"Hows Meg?" i asked Nick as picked up my favorite guitar from its rack. he shrugged. "What does that mean?" i asked him. "It means i dont know." he told me. i stopped and just looked at him. "Whats wrong?" i asked him. "Nothing." he replied. "I leaned against the piano and just watched him. he caught my eye. "What?" he asked. "Your a bad liar." i told him. "We just had a little arguement thats all." he told me. "Over?" i asked. "She doesnt want me to be around her since she is sick. she is "worried" that i am going to get sick too." he told me. "Well you know it would be worse for you." i told him. "Yeah but i wish she would act more like my girlfriend instead of my mother." he told me. "Hey, she just cares about you. you should be happy that your girlfriend cares about you like that." i told him. he just looked at me. "Your only saying that because you still like her." he told me. i shook my head and set my guitar back down. "You know what Nick...." i trailed off deciding not to voice my opinion. i rolled my eyes as i went upstair and left him to his work. i went up to check on meghan and found her and Joe talking to eachother. "Hey kev." she told me. i nodded. "Nick still in a bad mood?" Joe asked. i nodded. "He'll cool down soon." i replied. Meghan looked worried. i can tell she is worried about her and Nick. All feelings that i have for meghan behind, i am worried that they depend on eachother too much. whenever one isnt around the other cant function properly. I dont want something to happen and then they both break down. Meghan coughed and i looked up at her quickly. Joe nudged me and i looked at him.