Chapter 60

(Meghan's POV)

It's been amost two weeks since I got drunk with Kevin. I have been going out of my way to avoid him. If I just stick to this, my feelings for him are sure to go away. I brushed my hair slowly, looking at myself in the mirror. To be honest, I just looked tired. I rubbed at my eyes before splashing cold water onto my face and arms. I watched the droplets of water running down my face. There was a knock on the front door.

I quickly grabbed a towel and dried my face off as I ran down the stairs. I opened the door to find Nick standing there. I moved aside so he could come in. He kissed me quickly. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. "What? I wanted to see you." he told me, looking me over. I smiled and tried to hide the blush that was spreading rapidly. he smiled before stripping his coat off.

"Super cold?" I asked him. he nodded, hanging his coat on the banister. "I think it's supposed to snow." he told me. I smiled. "i love snow. it's so pretty." I told him setting the towel down. he nodded. "You look tired." he told me. "Yeah I didn't get much sleep last night. just couldn't fall asleep i guess." i told him going into the kitchen. he followed me. "You want anything?" I asked him. "Nothing I can't on my own." he told me grabbing a diet coke from the refridgerator. i smiled. I kissed him gently. "I love you." he told me.

"I love you too Nick. I'm so sorry about everything." I told him. he pulled me closer to him. "You're worth too much to lose Meghan." he told me. I shivered. "You mean it?" I asked. He nodded into my neck, placing gentle kisses along my shoulder. "You sure your ok?" He asked me, pulling away. I nodded. "Yeah. I'm ok. Why?" I asked him. he looked at me quietly. "You look kind of pale." he noted brushing his fingers over my neck gently. I shrugged. "I feel fine." i told me. he nodded. Later everyone came over to hang out.

I excused myself from the room when Kevin arrived with Joe. I went upstairs and grabbed a sweater. I pulled it on slowly, trying to delay the time i would have to spend in the same room with Kevin. when i went downstairs I noticed him kissing another girl. I stopped on the stairs and just watched them. I wiped at the few tears that spilled down my face. I went into the kitchen instead. "Hey." Joe told me. I nodded at him, not saying anything. "what's wrong?" he asked me worried. "Nothing Joe. I'm fine." I told him.

He just watched me. "Either say something or leave me alone." I told him upset now. he looked taken aback before leaving the kitchen. I sighed and grabbed a bottle of water out of the refrigerator. I drank the water slowly. "hey." Nick told me, kissing me quickly. "Have you seen Joe? I need to apologize to him." I asked. he nodded. He went to pick up Tracy. he will be back." Nick told me. I nodded. I took Nicks hand and pulled him into the living room. he sat down on the couch and pulled me into his lap. I kissed him quickly before leaning against him comfortably. when Joe and Tracy came back I pulled Joe aside.

"Hey. I'm sorry about earlier. I was in a bad mood. I didn't mean to snap at you like that." I told him. he nodded. "It's alright." he told me pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back before we went back to the living room. Tracy was talking to Kevin. I noticed the girl that Kevin brought was talking to Nick. I ignored her as I popped the movie we were going to watch in. I sat down next to Joe. he looked at me. "Your not gonna sit with Nick?" he asked. "No. he looks to busy." I told him. he looked at me sadly before turning back to the movie.

I was constantly aware of that girl watching me. I nudged Joe. "what's her name?" I asked him quietly. "Taylor." he whispered back. I nodded more to myself than to him. the rest of the movie went by fairly quickly. I yawned as everyone talked among themselves. Taylor was leaning against Kevin on her cell phone. I sat on Nick's lap. "I missed you." I told him playfully. he smiled. "who are you ?" he asked me. I pouted as he laughed. Taylor glared at me over the top of her phone. I just smiled at her innocently, like I didn't notice. she rolled her eyes before cuddling up next to Kevin.

He wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer. I focused on Nick. not letting her get to me. Nicks cell phone lit up as he got a new text message. I glanced over at his screen and froze. he felt me stiffen and looked at me. I just look backed. he deleted the text and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the room. "Don't be mad." he told me. I just stared at him. "how can I not be mad. first Taylor comes in here and flirts with you when she came here with Kevin. Then Miley texts you with that." I almost yelled at him. I took a deep breath. "I can't control what Miley sends me. and as for Taylor I don't care about her." he told me. I shook my head.

"But you do care about Miley." I replied. he looked at me quietly. "It's fine I get it." I told him going upstairs. "Meghan wait!" he yelled after me, as he followed. I slammed and locked the bedroom door. I leaned against it, crying quietly. "Meghan please open the door." Nick told me through the door. I just stayed quiet until he stopped. I wiped my eyes gently. a little while later I opened the door and went back downstairs. Everyone was gone besides the boys. Nick was crashed out on the couch. Kevin was on the phone talking quietly to himself.

Joe pulled me into the kitchen. "Nick loves you. Not Miley." he told me straight up. I shook my head. I went to walk away but he grabbed my arm. "Meghan it's the truth." he added. he dropped my wrist when I didn't answer him. I took Nicks phone off of the table and texted Miley.

when I was done Joe looked over my shoulder at the Message. "You want her to come here?" he asked. I nodded. when she arrived I met her at the door with my mind made up. "He is in there." I told her as I grabbed my phone and jacket deciding to get out of the house for a while. I closed the door behind me.