Chapter 14

(Joe’s POV)

When I got home I went straight up to Kevin’s room. The door was locked so I knocked on the door. Nobody answered. “Kevin open the door.” I called through. The door unlocked a few seconds later. I pushed the door open and Kevin was laying across his bed with his face in his pillows. I closed the door. “Kevin where were you today? Tracy and I were worried about you.” I asked him. He mumbled something that I couldn’t quite understand. “Kevin sit up I cant hear you.” I told him. He sat up and I seen that he looked tired, sick even. “I ditched school.” he told me. I looked at him. “What? You don’t ditch school. What’s going on?” I asked him sitting down next to him. “I just didn’t feel like school it’s no big deal.” he told me getting annoyed with me. “Kevin I’m just trying to help.” I told him getting defensive. “Well I don’t need your help Joe.” he told me. I stood up. “Fine.” I told him as I left his room slamming the door behind me.

(Spencer’s POV)

I was walking back to the school to go to football practice when I seen Meghan walking a little bit ahead of me. I ran up to her and grabbed her arm. She looked up at me with a scared expression on her face. “What do you want?” she asked me trying to pull out of my grip. “You look horrible.” I noted looking at her overall appearance. “Yeah well thanks for the kind words.” she spat at me. I held her arm tighter. “Let go of me.” she yelled.

(Nick’s POV)

I was on my way to Meghan’s when I heard her yelling. I went around the corner and seen Spencer have his hands on her. I walked up and shoved him away from her. He looked at me. “Your going to regret that Jonas.” he told me as he continued walking towards the school. I looked at Meghan. She looked bad. “Hey what’s wrong?” I asked he pulling her into my arms as she started to sob slightly. “Everything.” she sobbed. I rubbed her back gently. I took her home trying to calm her down. When we got there she sat down on her couch. “What’s going on Meg?” I asked her kneeling in front of her. She looked at me quietly. “I ditched school with Kevin today.” she told me. I looked at her confused. “What? But Kevin told me that he was at school today.” I said. She whipped her eyes. “No. We ditched today.” she replied. “Ok so that’s why are you so upset?” I asked. She shook her head. “No.” she said. I looked at her confused. “Then why? What happened?” I asked. She looked at me quietly for a second before looking at out hands which were intertwined together. “I was just really worried about you today. I was scared.” she told me. I pulled her against me and she buried her face into my shoulder. “I’m ok Meg. Don’t worry about it.” I told her.

(Meghan’s POV)

The next day when I got to school I went to my locker and took the stuff that I needed out and put it in my bag. Tracy walked up to me. “Meg where were you yesterday? You just disappeared and you didn’t answer any of mine or Joe’s texts.” she told me. “I know I’m sorry I was not feeling well yesterday.” I told her telling her only half of the truth. She nodded. “Ok. Have you seen Joe yet today?” she asked. I shook my head. “No but he should be here soon. A couple minutes later Joe and Nick walked into the school with Kevin following behind them. He didn’t look like he put any effort into how he looked today. Joe and Tracy left to go to Joe’s locker. Kevin avoided looking at me as he passed me to go to his and Nick came up to me and kissed me. “Good morning.” he told me. I smiled. “Good morning.” I replied. “How are you feeling today?” he asked opening his locker. “Better.” I told him. He smiled. “Good.” he replied. “What about you?” I asked. He nodded. “I’m ok. Still kind of tired but I’m ok.” he told me. I smiled. “I’m kind of worried about Kevin though.” he told me looking down the hallway at his brother. I looked too and seen him closing his locker. I looked back at Nick. “Why?” I asked. “He hasn’t said anything to anyone since him and Joe got into an argument yesterday. He didn’t eat last night at all. All he did was sleep and lock himself in his room.” he told me. I looked back at Kevin and seen him look up at me. We locked gazes for a second before I looked down at my hands. “Is he going to be alright?” I asked Nick. He shrugged. “I don’t know.” he replied as the bell rang. I nodded and he walked me to my first class.