Chapter 62

(Meghan' s POV)

Nick and I are still together. however, we are currently taking some time apart. no kissing, no touching, no anything. this has turned out to be extremely hard for me. whenever I look at Nick all I want to do is jump him. from his cologne to his smile, he was driving me crazy. on the other hand it looks like it was easy for him to be apart. it doesn't seem like it's really affecting him at all, and me being me assumes that it has something to do with Miley.

I feel guilty almost immediately after thinking that. I rubbed at my arm nervously. I seen Nick glance at me before Stacy grabbed his attention. "Do you want to come to the party tonight? It's down at the lake." she told him, turning a piece of her hair between her fingers. "Yeah sounds awesome." he told her. I glared at the floor. Alright Nick, two can play at this game, I thought as I closed my locker and walked away.

(Kevin's POV)

"Where is Meghan?" I asked as I looked around the cafeteria. Joe shrugged as Nick stood up slightly looking for her as well. I seen him tense up. I followed his gaze over to the far wall. my eyes widened as I realized that Meghan was sitting next to Damon. I glanced back at Nick, who was grinding his teeth together, completely forgetting about eating. I watched as Meghan smiled slightly before getting up to throw away her stuff. I noticed that it was barely touched.

I thought back to the past few days. everyday she threw away almost everything she had to eat. I couldn't remember her eating a full meal. I turned to Nick. he was playing with his food, glaring at the table. "Is it just me or has Meghan barely been eating?" I asked. Both Joe and Nick looked at me puzzled. "I can't remember." Joe spoke up. Nick look worried and stressed out. he stood up and threw away his trash. he followed Meghan as she left the cafeteria.

(Nick' s POV)

"Meghan!" I called as she was about to leave on early release. she turned around and smiled gently. "Yes?" she asked. "Are you ok?" I asked her as I stood in front of her. she nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" she asked me. "You haven't been really eating anything." I told her. she looked down quickly before catching my gaze again. "I'm fine." she replied, avoiding the subject of food. I felt my chest tighten up. I was going to say something when my omnipod started to beep steadily.

I hit the button on the side, telling it to use a correction dose. Meghan moved closer to me. I noticed her gaze locked on the screen. a few minutes later I let Meghan leave. I looked and seen Natalie walking in my direction. I ducked around the corner as she got to her locker. she was on her cell phone.

"Yeah I've seen Meghan." she replied sharply. I listened closely. "Yeah ever since we cornered her a couple days ago she hasn't been eating. guess she realized we were right." Natalie replied, smirking slightly. she laughed as she walked away. Confused, I waited for Joe and Kevin so that we could leave on early release. when we were in the car I tested Tracy.

Nick: Do you know what Natalie and her friends told Meghan a few days ago?

Tracy: They were being hateful as always.

Nick: Did they say anything that would make her stop eating?

Tracy: I don't know. she didn't tell me much but I know that Natalie has been commenting on her figure a lot lately. but she's not heavy.

Nick: ok thanks.

Tracy: No problem :)

I sat there and thought about what Tracy said about Natalie as Kevin pulled into the driveway. I got out and grabbed my keys to my car out of my backpack. I drove over to Meghan' s house. when I knocked she opened the door a few minutes later. she looked hesitant to let me in, but after a couple seconds she did. "Meghan we need to talk." I told her. she nodded, waiting for me to continue. "No matter what Natalie or anyone else says, you don't need to lose weight." I told her. I seen her tense up immediately.

"I don't know what you are talking about." she told me. I sighed. "Tracy told me." I answered. she looked down and closed her eyes. I put my hand on the side of her face. "You look perfect." I told her. she nodded, moving into my touch slightly. "What time are you heading to the party?" she asked me. "I don't really want to go anymore." I replied. she pulled away, much to my dismay. "You should go. You might have fun." she told me. "Do you really want me to go?" I asked. she shook her head.

"I guess not." she told me. "Then I'm not going." I told her. she smiled slightly. I could see that it made her happy. "Can you stay with me?" she asked me. I nodded. I could see the glimmer in her eyes as I took my coat off. she stared at me confused. "What?" I asked her. "You got a tattoo?" she asked. I nodded. "Yesterday." I told her. "That's hot." she mumbled, hoping I didn't hear her. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to me. I kissed her forehead gently. she pulled back and kissed me full on.