Chapter 13

“You love me and you know it.” Kevin told me running to catch up with me. I glared and ignored him. “Don’t make me pull a Joe.” Kevin told me. I looked at him strangely. “What?” I asked. He smiled. “I’ve seen Joe do things to make you laugh.” he told me. I rolled my eyes and smiled. “See your not all grumpy anymore.” he told me. I sat down in the grass and Kevin sat down next to me. “You mentioned that Nick was having trouble with his Blood Sugar, is he going to be ok?” I asked him. He nodded. “Yeah he just feels really run down and sick when it’s messed up. He will be better by tomorrow.” he told me. I nodded. “Meaghan.” Kevin said. I looked up at him. “Yeah?” I asked. I looked at him and waited for an answer. He leaned in and kissed me. I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed him back. He put his hands on the side of my face. I pushed him away quickly. “Oh my god. We can’t do this. I’m sorry I have to go.” I told him completely freaking out. I stood up and ran away. I could hear Kevin calling after me.

(Nick’s POV)

I woke up and looked at my clock. It was 2 in the afternoon. I yawned and rubbed at my eyes. When I went downstairs my mom as sitting in the living room watching TV. I sat down next to her. “How are you feeling?” she asked me. I shrugged. “Ok I guess. Better than this morning if that counts for anything.” I told her. She nodded. “It counts for a lot.” she replied. “Joe and Kevin at school?” I asked. She nodded. “Always.” she said.

(Joe’s POV)

When the bell rang for third period I met up with Tracy at her locker. “Hey.” she said as I wrapped my arms around her waist. “Hi.” I replied. I kissed her quickly so we wouldn’t get caught by a teacher. She blushed and I smiled. “Your so cute.” I told her and she blushed even more. “Hey have you seen Meg?” Tracy asked me. “No I haven’t, in fact I haven’t seen Kevin either.” I told her. She nodded and looked around. “Do you think that they are alright?” she asked. I nodded. “Of course.” I told her. I laced my fingers with hers and we walked to class. “I love you.” I told her. She looked at me and smiled. “I love you to.” she replied.

(Tracy’s POV)

All during third block and I tried to text Meghan to see where she was but she never answered any of the texts. I was getting extremely worried about her. Kevin has been MIA as well. Joe seems to be a bit on edge. It’s obvious that he is worried about his brother. I tried to comfort him a little bit but it didn’t really work.

(Meghan’s POV)

I walked home thinking about what just happened. I never looked up from the ground as I walked into my house and locked the door behind me. I went upstairs and laid down across my bed. I sighed and stared at the ceiling. I grabbed my phone and seen I had missed text messages and a couple missed calls from Joe and Tracy. I felt bad for leaving without letting them know. I texted them both to let them know that I was at home and that I was ok. I turned the phone off and put it on my night stand. I felt confused and guilty all at the same time, Guilty because I cheated on Nick with his brother and confused because how could Kevin kiss me like that. He knows that I’m with Nick. I just don’t get it. Suddenly a lot of things that have happened lately seemed to make sense. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. My home phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and seen that it was Kevin. I ignored it. I got up and went into the bathroom and turned the shower on.

(Kevin’s POV)

I tried to call Meghan a couple times at her house. Nobody answered and when I tried her cell it went straight to voice mail. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. I walked up the stairs to my house and went inside. Nick was watching TV in the living room. I felt guilty immediately. “Hey bro. How was school?” he asked me. “Oh fine.” I lied. He nodded. “Did you tell Meghan what was going on with me today?” he asked. I nodded. “Are you ok?” he asked. I nodded. “Yeah of course.” I told him walking upstairs and locking myself in my room.