Chapter 20

Every time something scary happened she buried her face into my chest. “Kevin I don’t want to watch this anymore.” she told me with her face still buried into my shoulder. I chuckled. “It’s not funny and I’m serious.” she told me. I switched the TV off and she peeked at the screen before moving away from me. “What do you want to do?” I asked her. She shrugged. “Well I can think of a few good things we can do.” I told her. She looked at me questioningly.

Nick’s POV)

When I went downstairs I found Joe playing video games. “Hey where’s Kevin?” I asked him. “Meghan’s I think.” he replied. I nodded quietly and went into the kitchen. I got some juice out of the refrigerator and went back upstairs to continue to write a song. When I finished it I smiled to myself. It was perfect. I am thinking about Singing it at the dance tomorrow night. I’m not sure yet though. It’s really personal and I don’t know if I necessarily want that out there in public. I don’t know we’ll see I told myself. I grabbed my keys and my coat and decided to go over to Meghan’s. I wanted to see what she thinks of the song first. Her opinion means everything. When I got to her house I seen Kevin’s car in the driveway. I completely forgot that Joe told me he was here. I rang the doorbell. It took a few minutes for someone to answer the door. “Oh hey Nick.” Meghan told me as she stood back to let me inside. I smiled. “What’s going on?” Kevin asked me coming from the living room. I shrugged. “I wrote a new song and I was going to get Meghan’s opinion on it.” I told him. “Well that would be awesome.” Meghan told me. Kevin looked at his watch. “Hey I have to get going I have a couple things I have to do for mom and dad.” he told me and Meghan. “Ok I will see you later than.” Meghan told him. He kissed her really quickly. It seemed kind of awkward because I was here. I avoided eye contact with them. When Kevin left Meghan took me downstairs to the basement. I picked up one of the guitars that were sitting on a stand in the corner of the room. “So what song is it you want me to hear?” she asked me. I smiled. “I just wrote it. I’m pretty happy with it. I was thinking about singing it at the dance tomorrow but I needed someone’s opinion. You know someone other than family.” I told her. She nodded. I strummed a few opening chords before I began to sing.

“Walk in the room; I'm a man on a mission.
You're standing there, and I feel that connection.
I break the ice and I ask what your name is.
Then I recall that we already did this...
Somehow I missed it.

Keep on moving like you did last summer,
When the grass was greener and your hair was longer.
If you become familiar with another in town,
Don't forget about the fun that we had
Last time around.

You walk around with a new man, new plan.
You think it's over but I'm just getting started.
I try to call but you don't ever answer.
I'd let you go but you're all that I'm after.
Can't you remember?

Keep on moving like you did last summer,
When the grass was greener and your hair was longer.
If you become familiar with another in town,
Don't forget about the fun that we had
Last time around.

{That feels good! }

So keep on moving like you did last summer,
When the grass was greener and your hair was longer.
If you become familiar with another in town,
Don't forget about the fun that we had
Last time around.

Keep on moving like you did last summer,
When the grass was greener and your hair was longer.
If you become familiar with another in town,
Don't forget about the fun that we had
Last time around.

Last time around!

Yeah, last time around!”

When I was finished I put the guitar back on the stand. “That was amazing Nick. I really like that.” she told me. I smiled “Thanks I wrote a bunch more but that was the one I was really leaning towards singing tomorrow night.” I told her. She smiled. I stared at her while she continued to tell me how much she liked it. “Nick? Nick are you ok?” she asked me. I snapped out of my daydream and nodded. “Yeah sorry. I zoned out there for a minute.” I told her. She nodded. “It’s cool. I do that a lot.” she told me. I couldn’t take it anymore. I grabbed the back of her neck and kissed her hard. She was taken aback. We kissed for a few seconds before she pushed me away from her. “Nick I cant.” she told me. We were both breathing heavily. “Why? Meghan this is driving me crazy.” I told her. “Kevin. That’s why we cant do this Nick.” she told me. “You were with me first.” I told her like I was a little kid. “I know…I’m sorry.” she told me. I shook my head as if this whole situation would go away. “Meghan…I love you.” I told her looking down at my hands. She was quiet so I looked up at her. She was staring at me shocked but at the same time tears were falling down her face. “Nick I-I don’t know what to say.” she told me. “Then don’t say anything.” I told her placing my hand on the side of her face. She closed her eyes. I kissed her forehead gently then moved to her neck. She didn’t fight me this time. “I love you too Nick.” she told me. I looked up at her and she looked back at me. “I kissed her lips. She broke away from me again. “What about Kevin? I’m still with him.” she told me. “I don’t know. I don’t want him to get hurt.” I told her looking down again. “I’ll talk to him.” She told me. I looked up at her and nodded questioningly.