Chapter 24

Meghan’s POV)

When we got back from the mall I went upstairs to the guest room to put away the swimsuits that I had gotten. Yes you heard me right. I said swimsuits as in more than one. Nick couldn’t make up his mind. We made plans to go swimming tomorrow afternoon. I closed the door behind me and walked downstairs. I ran into Joe on the way down. He looked upset. “What’s wrong?” I asked him. “Me and Tracy just had a fight.” he told me. “Oh I’m sorry. Do you want to talk about it?” I asked him. He shook his head. “Alright if you change your mind…” I started to say but he cut me off. “I wont change my mind.” he told me as he walked by me. I looked after him shocked and confused. I heard him close the door to his room down at the end of the hallway. I continued downstairs still kind of confused when I decided to go and talk to Tracy about what had happened between her and Joe.

(Nick’s POV)

“Hey Kevin do you know where Meghan is?” I asked him. He nodded. “Yep she went to see Tracy.” he told me. I nodded. “Meghan, Joe and I are all going swimming tomorrow would you like to come too?” I asked him. He shook his head. “I don’t know.” he told me. I nodded slightly. “How is that girl you were starting to get to know.” I asked. She shrugged. “She’s nice.” he told me. “And?” I asked. “And what Nick?” he asked me back. I put up my hands in defeat. “Hey no need to get all defensive.” I told him. He rolled his eyes and left the room. What is with all of the attitudes today? I asked myself as I went downstairs and continued to work on some new songs.

(Tracy’s POV)

“He is such a jerk Meghan.” I told her while slamming my track locker closed. “What happened?” she asked me. “He asked me if I wanted to go and get lunch with him and when I told him that I couldn’t he got all defensive and started asking me what I had planned.” I told her. “Ok and then what?” she asked. “When I said that I had plans to hang out with my team he got so pissed off at me. He told me that I hang out with the guys more than I do him anymore and you know that is not the case.” I told her. She shook her head. “You both are acting stupid.” she told me. I looked at her strangely. “How am I being stupid Meghan?” I asked her. “Why are you two fighting just be glad that you two are together.” she told me. “And this is coming from someone who got so jealous to the point that you actually broke up with the one guy who cared about you the most.” I told her immediately regretting every word of it. I covered my mouth with my hand. Meghan looked down at the floor before grabbing her bags and running out of the locker room. I cant believe that I had just said that to my best friend. I picked up my phone and called Joe. “Hello?” he asked. “Joe it’s me…I just did something stupid.” I told him. “What do you mean?” he asked me as I left the locker room.