Chapter 25

“I was talking to Meghan about our fight because I needed to talk to someone about it. She told me that we are both acting stupid and I got angry at her. “ I told him. “Ok so what’s the problem?” he asked me. “I might have said something that was completely out of line and really mean to her.” I told him. “Like what?” he asked. “I basically brought up the whole thing with Nick and Kevin…” I trailed off. “You did what? Tracy!” he yelled at me. “I know, I know please don’t yell at me. I feel awful enough without you yelling at me too.” I told him starting to cry slightly. I hate fighting with him. “Ok calm down. Do you know where she is?” he asked me. “No. She ran off.” I told him.

(Meghan’s POV)

I don’t know where I was going but I just kept walking until I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see Damon. I stopped and let him catch up. “Hey what’s wrong?” he asked me when he seen the tear stains on my cheeks. I wiped them away quickly. “It’s nothing.” I told him. He brushed hair away from my face. “Well its obviously something or else you wouldn’t be crying right now. You can talk to me you know.” he told me. I sighed. “It was my friend Tracy. She said something really hurtful to me because she is mad at her boyfriend and took it out on me when she asked my opinion on the whole thing.” I told him. He frowned slightly. “Why did she ask you if she didn’t want to hear how you felt?” he asked. I shrugged as we continued to walk. “I don’t know. I didn’t want to lie to her so I just told her the truth about how I felt about the whole thing. Her and her boyfriend at my friends and I don’t want to be in the middle of their fights.” I told him. “I know what you mean.” he told me. “Hey would you like to come over to my place for lunch? I’ll make something awesome.” he asked me. I hesitated slightly. “I don’t know Damon.” I told him. “Please? Were friends right?” he asked me. I nodded. “Yeah I guess so.” I replied. “Ok then why don’t you want to hang out and get some lunch?” he asked me. I shrugged again. “Ok fine.” I told him smiling. “Great.” he told me as he took my hand and went running down the street.

(Joe’s POV)

I tried calling Meghan’s cell but she didn’t answer. I arrived at Tracy’s house and got out of the car and knocked on her door. She opened it a few seconds later and let me in. “Are you sure you don’t know where she is?” I asked her. She nodded. I could tell she had been crying. “Yeah she wont answer her cell phone.” she told me. I nodded. “I know.” I told her. “Joe can we please just stop fighting? Meghan was right. This is so stupid.” she told me. I looked at her and then looked away. “I don’t know Tracy.” I told her before walking into the living room. “Why?” she asked me. “Because Tracy. Its not that simple.” I told her trying to get a hold of Meghan again. “Joe then we cant be together anymore. Not like this.” she told me. I looked at her and nodded. “I agree.’ he told me. “Good.” I told him.

(Meghan’s POV)

I was walking home after leaving Damon’s house when I started to look for my house keys. I had a lot of fun. Damon is really nice. When I got to my house Joe was just getting there. He seen me and looked at me with an angry expression. “Where have you been?” he asked me. I just looked at him. “Excuse me?” I asked him. “Where have you been? I have been looking for you for hours.” he told me. “None of your business Joe.” I told him not in the mood for anymore talk about his and Tracy’s fight. “And if all you are going to do is tell me about you and Tracy’s fighting then you can just leave because I don’t want to hear another word about it.” I told him. “We broke up Meghan.” he told me. I looked at him. “When?” I asked. “A little while ago.” he replied. “Oh.” I told him. “I’m sorry for snapping at you. I was just worried about you because I heard about what happened between you and Tracy. She’s really sorry that she said that to you.” he told me. I nodded. “Do you want to come in?” I asked him. He hesitated before I grabbed his hand and lead him inside. He took off his jacket and laid it across the back of the couch. “Where were you anyway?” he asked me. “I was at Damon’s house.” I told him. “Damon? Who’s Damon?” he asked me. “A friend of mine.” I told him getting some Tylenol out of the cupboard. “What happened when you were there?” he asked me. I looked at him and crossed my arms over my chest. “Nothing daddy.” I told him. He smiled and rolled his eyes. “We just hung out and had some lunch.” I told him. “He likes you.” Joe told me. “No we are just friends Joe.” I told him. “Uh huh ok.” he replied. “Whatever Joe I know what we are so whatever you say.” I told him. “Just remember your dating Nick. Who is also my brother.” he told me. “Joe I know that. I love Nick. Don’t worry about it.” I told him. He nodded. “What about you? Are you okay?” I asked him changing the subject. He nodded. “Yeah I am good.” he told me. “Your not upset about you and Tracy breaking up?” I asked. He shrugged. “I don’t know really. I like her a lot but all we do is fight now. Its just not worth all of that.” he told me. I nodded slightly. “I’m sorry.” I told him. Joe smiled slightly. “It’s cool.” he told me. “Speaking of my brother, how have you two been?” Joe added pinning the questions back on me. “Good.” I told him. “Just good?” he asked. “What do you want me say?” I asked him. “I don’t know.” he told me. I sat up and looked at him. “Oh Joe, he is so sweet and I love him oh so very much.” I told him in a sarcastic southern accent. He busted up laughing. “Nice.” he told me. I laughed. “You asked.” I told him.