|| 8 ||

A/N: This man is so fine. And for WHAT??? He's so pretty. I just HAD to put a picture.

"Klee, you stay right there. I don't think your brother is well yet, or you'll catch his fever."
Y/N picked up the bowl of soup, that was requested of her. And brought it to Albedo's room. While she heard Klee whining.

Albedo's breathing was neutral, and he wasn't sweating as much as before. But his fever was still high.

The room felt humid, either because his body heat was too high, or because the room didn't have an open window. But the more he sweats, the more he can get rid of the sickness.

"Albedo." She heard a small groan from him, as he stirred awake in his thick blankets. His eyes opened, but were half-lidded. And his hair still stuck to his forehead.

Sighing, she managed to wipe his sweat off with a towel, and handed him a spoon without saying anything.

He stared at the spoon, then back at her, confused. But he saw the bowl in her hands, and thanked her.

"I'll let you eat alone."

"No. Could you stay? Err— please?"

'God dammit...' She nodded and sat back down, but grabbed a nearby book. There wasn't a chair near, so she had to sit on the floor.

"Why did you want me to stay, anyway?" She turned her head to look at him, as he was eating the soup. And his eyes moved down to her sitting form. But quickly averted his eyes back to the soup in his hand.

"Usually I'm by myself in the lab, so I never have much company. Sucrose and Timmaeus are busy doing other experiments. I can't have Klee near me, or she might get hurt, so I have Master Jean watch her." He moved a piece of hair from his eyes. And continued to eat the soup.

"You don't seem like the type to socialize much. Well, I can't say that since I'm not either." Y/N shut her book closed, and handed him a fresh cold towel, placing it against his forehead.

"I'm not. But I do like to talk to people. Because company is nice, once in a while."

"So were you just lonely?" She inquired. Making Albedo have a pretty obvious reaction. It was either the fever, or something else, because his face was all red. His eyebrows fell softly, and his eyes were much more kinder. It showed a hint of embarrassment.

"Did I seem lonely?"

"Seemed like it." She shrugged. "There's nothing wrong with feeling lonely. I just don't see the point in feeling lonely."

"Have you not felt lonely before?" His voice wasn't annoying. It was comforting. But she felt a sense of deja vu.

"No... I don't see why I would have to."

"I guess we all have our own opinions." Albedo went back to chowing down his soup calmly. And finished it. The silence was more awkward, than it should have.

"You have to stay sleeping." She pushed him into his bed by his shoulder. And he didn't have enough strength to disobey.

"I was hoping you'd stay longer..."

She stopped herself from opening the door wider, and turned back around. His eyes were still droopy. He was probably still sleepy, or tired.

"No promises." She left the room, but never closed the door. And Albedo never knew if she had came back or not, because he fell back into his slumber. But he did see the door open again before he fell asleep.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Klee. Who do you see as your knight in shining armor, then?"

The red girl, clutched her picture book tighter. And her eyes had only shone with glee.

"Albedo!" Which— was not an unexpected answer. Y/N could have guessed.

"Really? No one else?"

"Nope! What about you, Miss?"

Y/N looked down at the smaller child. Thankfully, she wasn't holding any of her latest bomb inventions.

"If I was ever a damsel in distress, then I would have had a knight in shining armor." She played with her hair, letting her pigtails down. The blonde locks of hair, intertwined in her fingers. While she proceeded to braid it.

"Are you a damsel in distress?"

"If I don't need a knight in shining armor, then I'm not a damsel in distress." Y/N explained a little more clearer. And her words were more slower.

"Ooh." Klee mumbled. And leaned her head backwards, looking up at the older girl's face. Her e/c eyes stayed focused on the braid, and tightened each part.

"Miss seems like the kind of person to be the knight in shining armor!" Y/N saw those hopeful look in her eyes. But bright like of any child's kind of eyes.

"That's an intriguing statement."

"It's true! If Miss isn't a damsel, then she would be the knight instead! She saved Klee from those weird bunny looking creatures."

"I like to not depend on people for strength."

"Big brother, told Klee. People who don't like to depend on people are either scared of what might happen. And they become the lonelier ones— that's why he tells Klee to depend on people when you need it most." She swung her feet back and forth. Klee didn't know exactly just how deep that sounded.

She wasn't wrong. Y/N knew that. She never doubted Klee about it. Nor did she for Albedo. Those words just sank deeper the more she thought about it.

"He really told you that?"

"Mhm. He's always taking care of Klee, making good food, and watching over me. Sometimes I get lonely when he has to do things in his lab room... But Klee can't whine about it, because big brother is never complaining about me."
Y/N pat her head after finishing the braids. And Klee jumped off of her lap, and spun around in a few circles, happy about her new look.

Klee ran into the kitchen after being so happy about the braids.

"Klee? What are you doing?" Y/N followed into the kitchen.

"It's almost time for snacks! Big brother might want to eat something...!" Klee nervously looked away from Y/N's suspicious look.

"You just want to eat some snacks, don't you?" Y/N never said no. So Klee just took a bag of cookies, and handed some to Y/N to give to Albedo instead.

Albedo was still asleep. But his temperature has dropped by a fraction. She heard a creak of the door again, and saw Klee hesitantly enter the room.

"Is he okay now? Can Klee see him?"

"Sure." Klee smiled and jogged on over, and
Y/N stopped her from jumping on his sleeping body. Waking him up.

"Can Klee try to change the towel?"

"You need to be strong enough to wring out all of the water. Can you do it?"

"Yup! Klee is strong!" She whipped both of her hands out for Y/N to place the towel on her palms. And she saw the smaller girl struggle to twist the white towel. Y/N had to put her hands over Klee's and help get squeeze the water out. Then she let Klee place the towel on Albedo's forehead.

She squeaked when she saw Albedo wake up, and turn his head towards the two girls looking at him.

"Klee? What are you doing here?" He sat back up.

"Klee came to help change the towel! Miss said that I can be around you now."

"Really?" Albedo looked at Y/N.

"Yeah. Your fever has gone down a lot. By tonight, you'll feel all better."

"Thank you." Albedo smiled. And Klee jumped onto the bed. And sat near Albedo, talking to him about various things. While Y/N listened to the two talk with each other.

'I should visit Scara some time again.'