|| 17 ||

Picture: u/the-big-sad-dodo on Reddit

"Dainsleif?"

'Wait where have I heard that from?'

"Are you an adventurer?" The man, "Dainsleif" asked first.

Y/N turned to look at the taller man and nodded curtly. "Yeah. But I just can't stay still." She rolled her sleeves up, and checked everything in place.

Dainsleif just stayed in his spot, a little awkwardly. Maybe he was just shy? And didn't talk much like Y/N did. But currently she's the one speaking more here.

"Do you want to join me? In traveling a bit?"

He was in thought.

"I'll take you up on that offer."

"That over there is Wangshu Inn. The innkeeper and boss there is really nice."

"Quite the structure." Dainsleif complimented. Or was it a compliment? This man is hard to understand at all.

"The boss told me that I shouldn't be scared if there's a boy on the very top of the place where it's secluded. I saw him once with a lady. I don't think she was a mortal."

"Not a mortal?"

"As in like you know, not a normal human. But they had quite the lovely atmosphere."

"Peeping are we?" Dainsleif gave a soft tease, but his monotone voice made him sound intimidating.

"Don't poke fun." Y/N gently elbowed him in his stomach. And continued to walk past the area. "Would you find it weird if I said this is my first time traveling with somebody else?"

"No. If you like being alone then that is greatly respected."

"But I learned to be able to rely and act a little open with other people more. Someone I know in Mondstadt told me."

"Not all changes are good, but some are not bad." Dainsleif sounded like he could talk for quite a while. And felt the same sense of company, traveling with someone again.

"It's odd. You know I've just met you, but I could talk comfortably for once." Y/N admitted. As she glanced at the sweet flowers and mints, while passing by.

"That's quite comforting in its own way."

Y/N make a quick glance at his face while he wasn't looking, and he was just as good looking. Should she dare say as good looking as Albedo. But she knew for a fact.

"You'd look better with a smile."

"You shouldn't frown so much Daisnleif. It'll make you look old."

"It's just how I normally look."

"No it's not. I've seen you smile before mister. See, you think you're so slick, but you're not."

"Amerie I'll increase your work hours if you continue."

"But I'm just saying, you'd look more better with a smile."

"I— is that so..." Dainsleif'a hair tussled with the wind. And all that was heard during the silence was the water trickling in the nearby river.

"Was that rude? Sorry. I'm just used to saying what's on my mind." Y/N jumped over passing squirrel.

"It's alright. You remind me of an old acquaintance I once had." Dainsleif looked as if he was looking far away somewhere.

'Had?'