|| 41 ||

Art- @moraippai on Twitter

He gave her a thankful smile. "Often times I'm persuaded and quite fueled by my piqued and enlightenment in researching. And far likely to indulge myself explicitly into the research. But once I feel the fuel diminish, I lose interest completely." He explained first.

Y/n had no idea where this was going, but she knew this was something that was being wholeheartedly told to her.

"Usually they disappear after uncovering the truth, or anything otherwise, I leave it as is. And move on." He fiddled with a part of his outfit, as he looked downwards towards the golden part of his jacket. "Truthfully, I did find interest in you not from you as a person. But because you piqued my interest with your special situation."

Y/n felt no remorse or anything with what he said at all. Far because she already knew that, which was why she always felt bitter in getting closer to Albedo. Knowing one day he would've lost his interest, and stop bothering her.

"I'm sure you're memory is quite vague, however, do you remember when you fell asleep in my room before Keaya and Diluc showed up?" He asked, yet Y/n very well remembered it all.

"Yeah?" She questioned, and though a part of her wanted to say she remembered every little thing, she pretended just to let Albedo explain himself. And how honestly he could.

"Words have never meant so much to me than whatever words that you say. And when you said that my hair and eyes were enough to recognize who I am, I was far too ecstatic." He admitted. Slightly with a bit of restraint from a little more of shyness from an embarrassing explanation of things.

Y/n's face was flushed and comparable to a flourished bouquet of red colored windwheel asters. And quite simply put, she hadn't felt this much emotion in a while. Not only did she feel it, but it showed very noticeably.

Making her sink a little deeper into her blanket she wrapped around herself, hiding her bottom part of the face. And by now, her cold personality had long melted to the heart of this cruelly benevolent man. And most of all, she had a few people to warm up to.

Albedo leaned his head over her's noticing the way her height had shortened, making him notice it was the perfect height for doing any affectionately adorable actions.

Y/n however, was feeling like she was stuck in an endless loop of trying to calm down and get flustered so many times, she couldn't help it. She loved how his every word would pull her in with every syllable he urges through his mouth towards her. It felt as though every undeserved words in the past were all made and said just for her.

She couldn't believe how maudlin she was being and feeling. The one who had no care in the world for any other's understandings, was trying to understand the predominant power of this phenomenon called 'love.'

For once, she could understand something else.

She felt loved.

And undeniably, she knew as well that too much of this would be like a red moving target for people who were ever after her. But she couldn't shake off the desire and want to keep at least one person who loved her by her side.

—because the warmth she felt was so much more hotter than the warm milk and quilted blankets next to the fireplace. Making her want to stay and keep the warmth by her side.

"So, you just heard my entire predicament I had been prevailing in my mind so far. Anything you'd like to add?" Albedo asked gently.

"Not much." Y/n replied as she decided to lift her face back up, and took a nice breath of air. Gliding her eyes from the floor, and into his same, same blue eyes. And the way those blues would turn to turquoise with every stare, was like watching a shining jewel in the bright lights.

And yet again, she felt pulled in.

"I may be pressing myself too much for a demanded and clear answer. Though the only thing I could come up with, was that the amount of affection I mound atop in my head for you is far too great of a number." She muttered. Making Albedo confused slightly, those kind of 'going-around-the-real-answer' type of thing was not a great thing for himself.

"Which means...?" He became much more confused when Y/n let out a small breath of stress out of herself. Not of annoyance, but of preparing for something.

"So are you saying... that you love? Me?" She hesitated in her question, as it would have been embarrassing even more if she was wrong than rejected. If only she knew.

Of course, Albedo was pretty appalled by the question, and dumbfounded. Instead of a judging look of, wtf— he more had a very look of asking how oblivious she was.

"I— of course I am." His eyebrows furrowed. But realized his previous statement may have thrown her off quite a bit, so she wouldn't have known for sure that he meant it. When he said she was the one he loved.

Y/n's eyes almost darted to different places, but her attention was held between the interlaced hands which were entangled with his and her fingers. Slowly, he brought her knuckles to his lips, and gently placed a loving solemn oath.

"I love you, meine liebe."

The way his eyes looked upwards from his jealously long and blonde eyelashes, made things far far more desirable.

Albedo had longed to tell these simple and hardly put words for her. And he felt the need to explain it all for her. His ears perked at the way her mouth was dangerously close to his ears.

"And so do I, I love you."