|| 38 ||

Art: ???

A/N: Hello hello!! We're almost towards the end, my fellow simps. And by far, this journey has been a lot of fun tbh. I've got soooooo much more things planned in the future, so sit tight!!!

But why did I JUST realize this book's one year anniversary passed.... Unless I edited it and the publish date is wrong— BUT ANYWAYS— yayyy happy 1 anniv.!!

"How long do we have to stay in here?" By the things that was happening, Kaeya was impatient and almost a little too impatient. Either the alcohol in his system is gone, or he really can't stand being confined in a small, dirty old place for so long.

"It's only been a few minutes, why are you being so restless?" Diluc asked, as he kept banging the back of his head against the wall.

"I. Want. To. Leave." Kaeya finally emphasized, and surely that would help the situation. Yeah, totally. Definitely.

"And in the name of Barbatos you're really contributing in helping us get out of here." Albedo sarcastically retorted, as he was searching around this place like a warden.

He could see their three visions on the special shelf of things, and he really wanted to grab them from there.

"Amen." Diluc muttered, as he finally hit his head against the wall, as he undid his arm cross and stood up from his spot finally. He even started to kick the cell bars as hard as he could. And that wouldn't work, so he supposed Kaeya might've worked a little better.

Like, use him as a hammer to hammer their way out of those bars. Cause Diluc genuinely thought Kaeya may have been made of hard ice at this point. Since his reality and fantasies were starting to get mixed up in his thoughts.

"When did Albedo get so sassy. I don't like it. I feel like I'm being ganged up on." Kaeya laughed a little. Maybe he started to become insane. But it was just a little amused laugh.

"Because you are." Diluc argued back, as he rolled his eyes. But stopped when Kaeya seemed to have a rather fond smile on his face. "What are you smiling for? Do you like being insulted?" His face scrunched into discomfort.

"No," Kaeya replied. Though he seemed to have relaxed a bit more. Leaning backwards towards the cement wall. "I just really liked our bickering. Makes me really feel like we're close again." He grinned, as Diluc's face softened by a centimeter of kindness.

Diluc faced the cell bars, "how can you be drunk when you haven't even drank any wine today, Kaeya." Diluc knew he wasn't drunk, just his past influence and conscience wouldn't let him admit any positive things towards Kaeya.

"You know you agree with me." Kaeya closed his eye, as he leaned his head back to meet the wall behind him.

And perhaps he was seeing an elapse of their early childhood days, and the seemingly innocent ages of times when the two were so evidently close and like any other children.

Yet where did the thread that connected their past and same sadness go?

It was as if the needle had no thread, as the same for the other.

Though no matter how bitter it was, every flavor comes to an end. And that goes for the strong lasting taste that lasts on your tongue and tastebuds even if it doesn't seem like it.

There's always an end to something, and it may be in a rather not obvious form of expressing such things to the normal human eye. You may just learn something from it.