|| 21 ||

A/N: Not me finding out the legal age to drink alcohol in Germany is 16 and 18 in Russia. I forgot to do some research before I started the story. 😅 (Y/N is 18-19 in the story, the same age as Albedo is.) And since Mondstadt is based off of Germany... and Snezhnaya based off of Russia...

(Please ignore the sudden changes from now on, as she may drink some too.)

The harbinger ranks are from oldest to youngest— and Childe is the youngest. But I thought it was the strongest rankings, so for story purposes pls give an exception for Y/N since she's just waaaaay too strong. Thanks!

The frescoes were the small bit of helpful, but they managed to find a journal, written by the priestess. And the giant bones of Durin's remains showed a lot. Y/N touched it, and a flash of events felt like they slapped her right in the face.

Y/N didn't mention it, but she definitely saw a glimpse of Durin. Or what was supposed to be Durin.

A calmer version of Durin, and seen from a smaller perspective. Smaller hands stretched towards the dragon, and patting its scales.

It had already been nightfall. As they all parted ways.

Dainsleif promised that he would join another adventure whenever she wanted. He'd know if she did. And he had a lot on his mind.

Albedo also had a lot on his mind, as he went back into his home. Theorists must be busy people, huh?

Y/N was left to obediently for to her own home.

"Durin, I think we can be friends!"

"How do you know?"

"Because I just know! Or else you wouldn't have accepted my gifts of flowers I got in Mondstadt."

"If the current day ends, then a new one comes. That's what tomorrow is. And a cycle that repeats the process is what creates the past, future, and present. And what you make out of your time alive is what makes history and life."

Who said this before...?

"Katheryne, anymore commissions today?"

"Not that I know of. But I believe Hertha has a few requests received from some people. It would probably help if you'd accept them, if you don't mind."

"Got it. That's easy enough."

Three weekly requests. And bounties included.

She already finished the first two, and the last one was at Dawn Winery for some dandelions.

Y/N double checked the map she had in hand, and squinted at the scenery. And spun in a circle 180 degrees. Then pointed towards the far distance where the Dawn Winery building could be seen.

Calmly walking near the Dawn Winery sign, as there were many grape vines which were wrapped around the stick stands to stay stable.

She saw the guy she was assigned for, and didn't bother to pay much attention to the voices around her.

"Master Diluc, please! We can handle the window cleaning! It's too dangerous, so please come down!" A blonde maid yelled.

"Adeline, this is the least I can do. I can't have you doing everything around the Dawn Winery."

Adeline sniffled, feeling moved by the red head's words.

"You've grown up so much..." She mumbled.

Y/N passed by them without paying any attention, since she was so focused on the map. And found the client.

"I heard you needed dandelion seeds?" Y/N asked, while waving her folded map in the air.

"Indeed. Did you bring them?"

'I wouldn't have came if I didn't have them.' She said sarcastically in her head.

"Yup. I got them." And handed him a back of the seeds.

"Thank you, here. The compensation as promised."

"Thanks."

It didn't take long before there were a few screams. And blob of red falling over.

Her instincts when she's with Bennett kicked in, as she quickly— without thinking dived right under.

She used anemo to soften the fall, and caught the person in her arms easily. Y/N just caught a grown man from a few feet high without any problems.

Y/N glanced down at the person who she saved. Red bright hair. And a black jacket. Isn't it too hot for a jacket like his?

His hair was long disheveled. But it added to his look of slight bewilderment. And shock.

Maybe Klee was right. Y/N really was the knight in "shining armor."

"Are you alright, princess?" Y/N asked with her smirk that she's become accustomed to.

"I— I'm alright. Thank you." Diluc awkwardly stood back up straight, as a few maids came running over with first aid kits.

"Master Diluc! Are you hurt?"

"No. No Adeline. I'm not. The young lady there saved me. Thankfully..." He muttered, which sounded sarcastic.

Adeline turned towards Y/N, a little too quickly she got a fright.

"Thank you so much, how could I repay you?"

"I don't need any payment." Y/N denied.

"No, but please!"

"Then a 25% off at the tavern in Mondstadt. You own that, right?"

"Granted." Diluc's deep voice answered with ease.

"Great." When Diluc looked back at where she stood, she was already gone.

A/N: I apologize yet again for late chapter and the short length of it. I just had an idea and forgot to finish it, and post it.