You can rest here, you can stay here

Thoughts= Bold Italics

"Mind-linking"= Italics

⚠️!content warning!⚠️

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was simple. He'd ask Felix to examine his wounds, and if he figures it out, great, if not then it would just be another one to add to the multitude of other failures. He's hoping Felix would, at the least, be able to soothe his wounds.

"Eat first."

And with that the rest leaped up to feast as though they were starved for weeks on end, leaving the omega seated next to Bang Chan shocked from their enthusiasm.  The alpha waited till his pack got their share before standing to get his own.

"Will you not join us, Felix?" he asked with a soft smile, hoping to look inviting towards the omega.

The startled omega plainly nodded his head frantically -who wouldn't for some free food?- and stood next to the alpha, confused as to what he should do next. Chan, comprehending his hesitation, ripped off some meat with his bare hands, claws now scarlet, and handed it to the omega.

"Wenta*."

....................

Felix was stuffed. He has never eaten so much before. He'd only ever hunt small animals that would last him a few days, and even then he'd feel so much guilt for taking a life to ensure his own. That's why he resorted to growing his own food in the opening near his cottage besides his precious herbs.

It didn't help the fact that he couldn't say no to Chan, every time he offered him some more, till eventually, there was nothing left but bone. 

Which leads to the pack's current condition, all bloated and filled to the max with bison meat. 

"I don't think I'd be able to move for a long while," whined Jisung, throwing his legs in the air. 

"That's ok, we can sleep outside today. We haven't slept as a pack in a long while anyways," replied Minho, whilst nuzzling into Jisung. 

The youngest duo of the pack were already nodding off, cuddled together, grips tight enough to bruise. 

"What about Felix?" voiced Changbin, "I don't think any of us would mind if he joined us, decision is yours, alpha."

"Hmm. What do you think Felix? Want to join? You can always sleep inside the lodge. We'd understand if you'd feel uncomfortable. After all, we are strangers."

What did I want? I have never done anything like this before. 

"Why are you so quick to trust me?"

"You need to speak up, gwinig*"  

He repeated his question.

"Because you cannot lie to me. And I know you mean no harm." Felix couldn't help but think of the underlying message woven through the alpha's words. Hurt my pack, and I will hurt you.

Felix shuddered.

"I can't possibly invade in on your pack like that. Besides I've already caused enough disturbance I should probably head back to my home."

"You are no disturbance, little one. In fact, I think we enjoy your presence. Your omega keeps us balanced. My wolf has never been this calm before."

Felix ignored the wolf whistles from Jisung and Hyunjin. And the flush blooming across his freckled cheeks.

But it was Jisung's puppy eyes and pouty lips that convinced him to stay. And so he found himself huddled close to the fire with Chan to his right, Hyunjin hugging the omega's left thigh with his arm and Changbin lying on the mate's chest. Jisung and Minho were tangled together on the other side of Chan, with Seungmin and Jeongin lying on top of the head alpha.

The sight was endearing but to Felix, it was strange how affectionate they were, even to a stranger like him. An omega like him.

He ignored the warmth that filled his chest. Good things never lasted for Felix, so he'll take what he's given.

....................

When Felix woke, the moon was high in the sky and the fire was long gone. Even so, a fine layer of sweat covered his body from the heat radiating from the wolves surrounding him. Slightly uncomfortable, Felix wormed his way out of Hyunjin's lax hold on his thigh and stood.

He glanced around, only to find everyone huddled closer together than when they fell asleep.

That would explain the amplified heat.

Stepping over limbs left and right, Felix huffed in relief as he escaped without bothering the rest and sat on the dewy grass with a leg extended, leaning back on his hands and facing the lucent moon.

After a long while, he was at peace. 

No need to sleep on edge, worried about feral wolves, no need to be perturbed by the recurring thought about becoming a feral wolf,  no need to be down with grief because of his outcasted, lonely and mithering omega.

His wolf was content and Felix was pleased with his chirping omega.

Sighing in content, Felix leant back completely, arms resting above his head. 

After another glimpse at the sleeping pack, Felix dozed off to dreamland.

<<<<<<FELIX'S DREAM>>>>>>

<<<warning>>>

Felix was home alone when his first heat hit. At 13 years of age, Felix's second gender was finally revealed . His parents were visiting a neighbouring pack for "pack matters" as his mother worded it (only when Felix turned 18 did he know it was an allegiance in the form of a marriage. His with the alpha).

Thirteen year old Felix was youthful and naïve, blind to the future paved ahead of him.

Thirteen year old Felix greeted his parents with a blinding smile which fell as he was met with the resentful glare of his alpha father as he sniffed the air and the repulsed scorn of his alpha mother.

Thirteen year old Felix didn't fucking understand why he was beaten bloody whilst his father screamed "worthless omega" and "should have killed you at birth".

Thirteen year old Felix couldn't handle the pain of being burnt relentlessly by the brunt of his mother's lighter whilst she held him down and forced him to bear the torment whenever he couldn't finish the multitude of tasks she weighed on him.

Thirteen year old Felix didn't understand why his mother no longer woke him with cuddles and a morning kiss, or why his father no longer played with him when they were in their wolf forms, or why his pack members watched as others tripped him in public, tugged on his blonde hair harsh enough to cause him to tear up, and when he yelped in pain, punched him in the face till he choked on his own blood and then screamed at him for staining the ground crimson. 

Thirteen year old Felix was forced to think that being an omega is a fault. He was forced to think that all an omega is good at is being a hole for alphas to fuck, beat and batter for their own personal gain.

It was whipped and carved into his brain.

And only in the following years was he repeatedly shown that his parents were correct when all his pack members exclusively showed him pain and stripped him of his dignity.

After all, who would care for a weak hopeless omega like him.

And he still doesn't understand.

What was wrong with being an omega? Why was he born as an omega? Why? Why him?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

wenta- eat

ginig- little one