Can I Break Out?

Thoughts= Bold Italics

"Mind-linking"= Italics

⚠️!Content warning!⚠️- not severe but minor mentions of torture

-and a little more backstory of how one became two, then three and eventually, a pack.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Minho was only seventeen years of age when Chan found him. He was an unwanted responsibility in the form of a small, scared, little teenager who didn't know what or who he was.

But Chan carried his weight, unfazed and with the simple excuse of "I just want to help you."

Minho was nineteen when he formed a pack with the kind stranger who found him in a forest, dressed in black trousers and a fur coat- just the two of them.

And it stayed as just the two of them for years to come. Chan teaching Minho about his Basilisk bloodline, and about his own wolf heritage,how to shift, how to control his telepathic powers, how to cope with gut-wrenching migraines. Chan has always been there- when he first presented as an alpha, his first rut, his first kill. Hell, Chan was the first person he ran off to after he got drunk in a random brothel and quite literally fucked around.

The brothel was also where Minho met Hyunjin, the beta who was serving drinks and snacks, catching the alpha's eyes with his long hair and perfect features. But more so the desperate calling in the other's eyes for an escape.

Life working at a brothel would never be easy.

So two became three. 

The first time Minho had genuinely seen the alpha of their tiny pack worried over his head (other than the time Hyunjin cracked his head open as a result of hanging upside down on a tree branch), was when they encountered a near feral wolf.

Said wolf was Changbin and the only way to save him from turning completely feral was to force him into their pack. The lack of consent and permission from the other wolf was enough to push Chan over the edge.

But three became four and they soon learnt that the alpha- who grew up as a hunter, had a super sensitive nose and was kicked out of his pack after being wrongly accused of murder.

He did kill someone, but it was self defence. Or so he said. Whether they believed him or not was another story.

But they soon came to realise that the alpha was actually a misunderstood softy (more so than Chan) and loved to give hugs. 

Apparently, this was enough for Hyunjin to fall head over heels for the new pack member and soon, they became the first pair of mates in their pack.

A few weeks later, the travelling pack, yet to find territory to claim, stumbled upon a witch coven.

Fast forward to Chan taking on the head witch in exchange for their ritual sacrifice, Jeongin. A lot of damage later, Chan won but egos damaged, the witches cursed Chan, leading to his cursed wounds. However, this just set of a chain reaction, Changbin, killing the witch in his anger and in turn ridding them of the cure for the curse. 

Despite all of that, Chan was happy, not worried in the slightest over the multiple wounds that just wouldn't heal (they soon learnt this was his curse) and a trembling Jeongin trailing behind them.

The young wolf became the fifth member.

Then the light of his life, his mate, Jisung became the sixth.