I'm serious, I'd rather hurt instead of you

I wasn't expecting anyone to read this- I'm only writing because I wanted to try something new and because it's somewhat fun. So thank you for reading and voting :]

A lot of  dialogue in this chap :)

-------- •○°☆:*➖*:☆°○•--------

Thoughts- bold Italics

"Mind-linking"- Italics
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Walking back to Chan's pack was awkward to say the least. 

The alphas were each carrying a bundle which contained a few books  on healing, his clothing, a few personal belongings and the remaining potions that somehow survived the brute force of whoever invaded his home.

They wouldn't let Felix hold anything with the excuse of "you've had a long day, let us do the work" but, he somehow convinced the three stubborn wolves to at least let him carry his backpack.

After his... interaction with the oldest alpha, Felix was feeling bashful but would glance at the lycanthrope walking next to him every few minutes, unsure of how to start up a conversation with the other without wishing for the ground to swallow him whole. 

The fact that the alpha would catch him staring didn't help his flustered state either.

Gods above why is this so hard?! 

Clearing his throat, Felix clenched his fists trying to gather the courage to converse with the other. "Alpha, a-about earlier.. t-thank you. For calming me and for listening to me. You didn't have to do...that," he finished looking down whilst walking.

When Chan didn't reply even after a few minutes, he thought the other didn't hear him, so he turned slightly to look at the other only to see the alpha gazing directly at him, an unknown glint in his eyes.

Chan stopped moving and took a hold of the blonde's hand with his free one, to stop him before whistling- hinting for Changbin and Jeongin to go on without them. He received an echo of what he whistled, letting him know the two heard and understood him, then turned completely towards the omega.

"Felix, how many times must I tell you to look at me when you speak?" His tone was slightly firm, but evidently teasing.

But the omega, thinking that he upset the alpha, on instinct, flexed his neck to the latter (a sign of conditioned submission), simultaneously whimpering out apologies left and right as he backed up from the alpha.

"S-sorry alpha, p-p-please forgive me! P-promise- won't- won't do it again."

The troubled alpha approached the whimpering male in hopes of ceasing the other's panic. Felix, however,  hurriedly took steps back but in his alarmed state, he failed to notice the tree root behind him and stumbled backwards, but continued to push himself away from the alpha, whines staggering past his trembling lips.

"Do-don't hurt me please."

Ill at ease, Chan stopped moving and pushed his palm in the direction of the other slowly but didn't touch the omega- simply held his position kneeling, left palm facing the sky and fingers outstretched.

"Melethel, I won't hurt you," Chan whispered tenderly, not wanting to startle the omega even further.  "No one is going to hurt you, Alpha won't let them," he stated, not breaking eye contact with the hopes of conveying the truth laced in his words.

It took a while for the purple eyed omega to reply, his instincts conflicting with his emotions and thoughts.

"P-promise?" Felix breathed out, regarding the hand in front of him warily.