ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

just chanlix being awkward and lovey-dovey

*set a few days before Chan asks Felix to let him court the other*

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It had been a few weeks since Felix had met the pack, but Chan and Felix still couldn't shake off the awkward tension that surrounded them whenever they were together.

The pack had visitors from the west, and were busy tending to them but quite frankly, the younger omega could care less for the strangers. But this meant Felix was left with nothing to do, so here he was, strolling through the forest that bordered the pack lodge.

The blonde omega was surrounded by different types of trees, ash, cedar, buckthorn, but his favourite was the single, vast, white willow tree that always called out to Felix.

As Felix approached slowly, the weeping leaves trembled dramatically and when Felix was close enough, a few vines fell to wrap around the young wolf, hugging him to the trunk.

"Hello," greeted Felix, giggling in delight.

The leaves shook once more in return, before they stilled.

It wasn't the first time Felix talked to a tree spirit, that too as one as ancient as this willow, but it felt just as exhilarating as the first.

As Felix pressed his palms against the trunk, the tree pulled the purple eyed omega up to sit on a branch with his vines, making Felix yelp in surprise, but his breath caught in his throat at the sight that awaited him.

Felix could just about see above all the trees, the sun sitting low atop of the forest, clouds that seemed so close yet too far to touch and it was much cooler up here. He didn't know how long he sat up there, eyes closed as he bathed in the fresh, chilly air but he soon heard footsteps below him as all the trees froze.

"Mírë, how did you even get up there?"

When Felix looked down, he saw Chan looking up at him through squinted eyes.

But as Felix silently asked the willow to put him back down, the tree shook in exaggerated rage, making Felix huff.

He wanted to see Chan.

So he yelled down at the other, "Channie, will you catch me if I jump?"

At this the vines wrapped around him tightened, making Felix pout and glare at the aged willow. Eventually the vines retreated, but it was clear the spirit did not want to let go of the other. "I promise to come back soon."

Without waiting for Chan's reply, Felix pushed himself off of the branch, giggling as the wind combed through his hair.

Before long, strong arms were wrapped tightly just under his bottom, hugging him close to the alpha who caught him as he hovered above the forest floor.

His own forearms came to rest on Chan's shoulders, fingers laced behind the alpha's neck.

"Hi."

"Hi? Hi?! You didn't even wait for my reply! What if I didn't catch you on time?!" Despite the stern tone the alpha spoke in, Felix couldn't help the warm smile that made its way across his face as he gazed at the alpha.

"I guess it's a good thing that you did catch me on time then."

Chan didn't reply, his frown disappearing as he stared up at Felix, eyes glazed over in fond annoyance.

But mostly fond.

"If you do that again, my heart will stop beating and it'll all be your fault."

"I'm glad I make you feel like that, Channie," snickered Felix.

"You make me feel a lot of things, ginig."

Felix couldn't stop the bright blush that painted him from head to toe, so he broke eye contact with the alpha, looking anywhere but at the alpha.

He hated how easily he flushed at the alpha's words.

But Chan mistook Felix's innocent embarrassment and cleared his throat.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

"N-no it's o-okay," Felix all but squeaked. "I like how straightforward you are."

"Oh." It was Chan's turn to burn up. 

Clearing his throat again, Chan carefully released Felix from his hold after realising he was still practically carrying the omega.

He stepped back, out of the younger's personal bubble, a hand rubbing his neck bashfully.

"The wolves have left, so I came to get you for dinner- Minho is cooking today."

Felix hummed, stroking his arm as he didn't know what to say to fill the tense atmosphere that encircled the duo.

"So..." Felix looked at Chan expectantly, glad the alpha was trying to make conversation, as they walked side by side, with an obvious gap between them. "How did you get up on that tree?"

"Um. The willow pulled me up." Chan stared at Felix in awe. "I-is that bad? The trees always talk to-"

"No! No it's not bad at all, I'm just surprised is all. It took me weeks to get the willow to let me claim this part of the forest. He is the oldest spirit amongst the trees."

"Oh," Felix chuckled at the revelation. "Tree spirits like me!"

"Hm. Of course they would- you're adorable, little one." 

Again, Felix reddened and noticed how Chan was walking much closer to him than a few seconds before.

The two continued to walk in silence, but not one as tense as before.

"Channie-" "Felix-"

The duo chortled and Chan shook his head before telling the omega to go first, arms brushing past each other with every step.

"Uh- can I- would it be okay if I held your um- held your hand? It's fine if you don't want to! I just- you know what never mind-"

Chan's muscles relaxed at this before he interrupted the omega's rambling, "I was going to ask you the same thing 'lix." He watched in adoration as Felix's eyes twinkled at his response, shoulders dropping,  "of course you can hold my hand. You don't have to ask me, ever. You can hold my hand whenever you want."

"O-okay. Thank you."

"No need to thank me, love."

Chan let his fingers interlace with Felix's smaller ones, ignoring the way his heart sped up as he realised how cute Felix's hands looked encompassed in his.

And when they finally arrived at the lodge (strolling as slow as possible to spend more time with the other), neither were willing to let go of the hand they were holding, but as soon as they stepped in, Jisung's head popped around the corner.

The beta had a knowing smirk on his face, his eyebrows wiggling suggestively, causing the two to let go immediately.

"We've already ate- there's some left for the two of you back in the kitchen. It should still be warm."

"Thanks Ji," spoke Chan.

Jisung just smiled before turning around to walk off.

But just as he was about to disappear around the corner he yelled "you guys look cute together, we totally would support if you got together by the way!"

"Jisung!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

hehe <3

yall i've also dropped the first chapter of Taken if yall wanna check that out

all i can say is that it is very different to this