If it gets too hard, don't worry I'll run with you.

Thoughts- Bold Italics

"mind linking"- "Italics"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Felix made eye contact with Chan in the mirror, confusion rising within him. 

"You mean mates? Then of course I do," replied Felix, utterly perplexed and thrown by the randomness of the question.

"Hm, of course you do, that's common knowledge. But have you heard of soulmates before?"

"No...should I know what that is..?" He held eye contact with the alpha.

Chan turned to face Felix, who met Chan's gaze from his kneeling position on the bed. His small hands came down to rest around the alpha's shoulders as Chan gently pried the cream from Felix's clutch and closed the container, before tugging the omega closer by his waist. 

He tended to do that a lot, he realised, whenever the omega was in arm's reach. 

He still strongly remembers the bright red flush that painted Felix's freckled cheeks when he first held the omega close like this, unable to control the itch in his own palms or the way Felix bashfully nodded his head, eyes averted elsewhere when Chan spewd out an awkward "can I hold you?"

(His wolf, to this day, is still smug with the reaction he evoked, and Chan would be lying if he said he didn't feel the same). 

And ever since, it's almost like second nature to have the omega close to him- to have their limbs touching, to feel the other's soft honey scent be enveloped in his own stronger pheromones. 

"First, tell me what you know about mates little one," Chan uttered, head tilted up in an almost uncomfortable position.

"Hmm, well I only know what my fath- my past pack alpha told me." Felix looked up, like he was searching through his brain to piece together everything he remembers. Chan chose to ignore the slight stutter.

He'll tell me when he's ready. If he even wants to tell me. 

Seconds passed, Chan caressing the gentle curve of Felix's hips, and waiting patiently for the other.

"Well, a mate is...a mate is another being you bond with for the rest of your life...it should be someone you choose to be with, to love and cherish, to protect and to have a family with." Felix visibly dulled after muttering in hopes of Chan not hearing him. "That's what the alpha told me before selling me off to another pack alpha to be mated to."

Chan visibly tensed at this, sitting up and his grasp on the omega tightened slightly. His eyebrows furrowed and jaw clenched in anger.

He isn't stupid. He knows Felix was about to say father.

What kind of sick fuck do you have to be...

"He what?" But when he spoke, his voice was calm, not hinting at the storm the omega created within him. But the calm was eerie, almost like a grey cloud leading the storm.

Felix was quick to discern the other's swelling rage,  forced a smile at the other and continued talking, in hopes of distracting the other from the words that he accidently blurted out.

"No- Felix stop. Don't change the subject. What the fuck did you just say?"

The lycan's uncanny displeasure made Felix whine and the urge to bare his neck was too hard to ignore but his actions were quick to release Chan from his anger.

Noticing his mistake, Chan quickly hushed the whining omega, his purple eyes glowing with unshed tears. He nuzzled into the other's neck softly whilst simultaneously peppering feather-light pecks along the hem of his collar trying to show the other he won't hurt him.