Prologue

Are you familiar with the Wish Maker? It is said that long ago there was a priestess with extraordinary powers. Powers that could grant any wish desired. However, these wishes do not come without a price. In order for the wish to be fulfilled, there must be an equivalent exchange. The priestess is unable to grant wishes for herself. She must live her life for others. Selflessly granting the selfish desires of the people. Almost a century has passed since the last priestess was seen alive, the story of her death unknown. The rumor of the woman was long forgotten, only those who knew her, remembered her existence.

~Modern-day Tokyo~

"And that's it," I said, placing the last box carefully on the floor. Hello, my name is Kagami Hamasaki. Recently, I moved here from Osaka to live with my older brother Haku, who is currently overseas. Having recently lost our mother, he is now the only family member I have left, despite the fact that we rarely see each other due to his work at NASA in America. Despite not seeing him much, I am not too upset about it, after all, he is working so hard to support both of us now.

"He said he should be coming home sometime this week." While in thought my skirt pocket suddenly vibrated alerting me of a phone call.

It's my brother. "Hey, Haku-nii"

"Hey Sunshine, did you land safely?" He asked.

"Hehe, yeah I did early this morning. Actually, I just finished unpacking my boxes from the truck." I said sitting on my already made bed.

"That's good, I'm glad you made it safely. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to greet you properly." He said sadly.

"Oh don't worry about it, I understand. You work so hard every day. I am happy enough knowing that you'll be coming home soon." I said, smiling softly aware that he couldn't see my expression.

"Heh, what did I do to deserve such a loving little sister? You know not all siblings get this lucky." He said smug and proud.

"Yea, yea, you can brag about how amazing I am when you get here," I replied with a tired grin. Sometimes I think he cares too much about me, but I'm grateful for him all the same.

"Oh, yea remember the school I told you about?" he asked.

"The junior high I'll be attending while I'm here? Yes, I remember."

"Well, I already registered you to go there on Monday and your uniform should be in by Sunday so look out for it okay?"

Sunday huh, that's tomorrow. "Got it! Thank you again, Haku." I said feeling a bit guilty. I couldn't help but feel bad about intruding on him like this and he even went the extra mile to pay for my education.

"Hey, no need for that tone Sunshine. I'm more than happy to do anything for you. We only have each other now so I want to keep you close by." He said, trying to comfort me.

I covered my mouth to stifle a yawn. I guess I was more worn out from the trip than I thought. "Thanks, bro, I appreciate everything you do for me. As payment, I'll make sure the place is in tip-top shape for your return, and as a bonus, I'll make you your favorite dinner." I said, puffing out my chest in pride.

"Thanks a lot, but don't push yourself too much, kay? Do you remember what happened last time you overdid it?"

"Ah, you don't need to remind me." I remember clearly the day when I overworked myself from taking care of the house.

"Alright, anyway it's probably late for you over there." Instinctively, I checked the clock. He's right, it's almost 10 pm. "Get some rest okay, I should be over there either Friday night or Saturday morning." He informs me.

"Okay, do you want me to wait for you at the airport?"

"Nah, I'll see you at home and after I settle down we can go out and get you your favorite dessert."

"Strawberry shortcake?!" I said excitedly.

"Yes, you little shortcake. I'll treat you." He said, laughing a bit.

"Heck yeah! You're the best bro!" I said excitedly doing a small happy dance on my bed.

"Damn, right I am!" He said it smugly as hell. There he goes, being cocky. "Anyway, I'll check up on you later. Go enjoy yourself tomorrow and get familiar with the area."

"Alright, I will! Have a good night or I guess afternoon." I almost forgot about the time zones.

"Haha, goodnight Sunshine, I'll talk to you later. Love you."

"I love you too, bye."

-call end-

After being away for a few months, it's nice to see him again. I thought, laying down on my pillow. I guess for now I should get some rest. Tomorrow I can walk around the city to look for the school and see some places I might like. With that in mind, I got under the covers of my bed, completely forgetting about unboxing the boxes. I'm exhausted. I'll handle it once I get home tomorrow. I close my eyes as I let the darkness consume me into a deep sleep.