Chapter 5: Down the Rabbit Hole

-Dreamland-

Running. That was all I was doing. Why was I running away? I turned behind me to see an ogre-looking demon chasing after me with a spiked club. 'What the hell?! Okay, that's terrifying.' I kept running away as fast as I could but my efforts were in vain as the demon got closer and closer. It takes a swing but barely misses me. I however felt the impact of the club hitting the ground as I lost my balance and stumbled to the ground. 'No, I'm going to die.'

An instinct kicked in as I lost control of my thoughts. A voice similar to mine said three words. "Inuyasha, help me." The voice said softly, losing hope as the club came swinging down. "Your blood is mine, priestess!" The demon shouted, as its spiked club slammed down upon the woman. However, once it raised the club, there wasn't any blood nor signs of the cornered woman.

"Don't. You. Dare. Lay your disgusting hands on my woman." A man with silver hair said threateningly. The woman clutched onto him as he was protectively embracing her.

The fight continued as the ogre and dog-eared man fought it out. The demon tried slashing him with its club but was too slow. "Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!" Inuyasha shouted his signature move, tearing the demon apart limb from limb. He won the fight with ease and wiped the blood off his claws, heading towards his tired lover.

"Inu-" the woman is cut off by her lover once again embracing her. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone for so long." He sounded almost scared that he was going to lose her. "Inu, it's okay. You could not have known I would be attacked. Besides as a half-priestess, I should've been able to protect myself. Yet I failed to do so and caused you to worry."

"Idiot you shouldn't be pushing yourself like that. Using your powers puts too much strain on your body. I don't want you falling ill again." He said, lecturing her. "Hehe, I don't know but seeing you concerned over me fills my heart with joy. I wonder why?" His lover questioned in a semi-teasing tone.

"Hmph, you know why. You love me and I love you, nothing more to it." Inuyasha said matter-of-factly, turning away from his flustered lover.

"Hmm, I'm not so sure about that." The woman said. "Huh, What do you mean by that?! Is there someone you love more than me?" He questioned in annoyance. "Yea I do. He has pretty silver hair and adorable dog ears. He always stays by my side and protects me. And I simply love teasing him to get a reaction." The woman said mischievously, running away from her stunned partner to avoid his revenge.

"Hey, get back here you little vixen!" He yells as he jumps after her in the distance. As they grew further away, the scene started to fade away meaning that I'll be waking up soon.

-Dream over-

"It's been a while since I had one of those dreams," I murmured, covering my eyes with an arm. I got up from my bed slowly, getting ready for the day. This one seemed a little different this time. It was the first time I learned the man's name. "Inuyasha, huh..." I let the name slip out of my mouth. It feels nostalgic for some reason. Why do these dreams feel so real?

"Kagami, breakfast is ready!" I heard my brother shout from the kitchen.

"Coming!" Well, there's no time to dwell on it now. I have to get ready to see Kagome today. I got up from my bed and went on to start my day.
.
.
.
-some hours before-

It was still late in the night as the others slept peacefully in Kaede's hut. However one of them seemed to be having trouble continuing their nightly slumbers. There, in the nightmares of his mind, was a young woman drenched in her blood. She was beyond saving as she lay unmoving in his arms barely breathing.