Chapter 52: Nostalgic Encounter

Kagami's pov

Today I woke up well-rested and energized. Getting up, I walked over and opened the curtains to greet our beautiful ball of light. "Good morning Sun! Let's make today another amazing day."

I continued my morning routine, taking a refreshing shower and getting dressed for school. Afterwards, I started making breakfast along with my lunch for the afternoon.

A few minutes passed before I heard my brother walking around. When he came by, I gave an energetic greeting. "Good morning! Did you sleep well?"

I could tell he just woke up since he was still in his pajamas and his hair was a mess. He let out a small yawn before nodding. "For once, yeah." His eyes widened when he saw the amount of food on the table. "What's all this?"

I looked as well. Blueberry waffles with maple syrup. Scrambled eggs, bacon, mini sausages cut into octopuses, toast with jam...Whoops. I awkwardly scratched the back of my head. "Hehe, I got a little carried away today." I was so in the zone I must've lost track of what I was doing.

"Well, I'm not complaining." He said while taking a seat at the table. "A day with your cooking is a good day indeed." I chuckled at the comment before joining him for breakfast.

When we finished, he offered to do the dishes so I went to grab my backpack. "Kay, I'll be off!"

"Wait!" He sheepishly looked off to the side as he scratched his cheek. "Can you do my hair?"

"..." Sighing heavily, I dropped my bag on the couch and went back to my room to get my products.
.
.
.
"Honestly, I thought I showed you how to braid?"

"I tried but every time I do it, it turns into knots," he muttered, pouting.

I raised a brow as I combed through his tangled locks. "How'd you even last without me around?"

"Hair down."

"Understandable."

When I finished his hair, I sent him a skeptical look as I grabbed my bag. "Am I free to go now?"

He nodded as he walked me to the door. "Have a good day and stay out of trouble."

"No promises," I said with a peace sign. Finally starting my day, I headed to school with a skip in my step. Operation: Friendship will now commence!

3rd person pov

When Kagami got to class she was immediately surrounded by Kagome's friends. "Morning Kagami. Are you feeling any better?" Ayumi asked.

"We heard that you went to the doctor yesterday," said Yuka.

Kagami gave them a big smile as she greeted them back. "Good morning! And don't worry, I feel amazing today!" she reassured.

The girls let out sighs of relief seeing that she was back to normal again. The three seemed to communicate via eye contact as they smirked and got closer to her.

"Hey Kagami, are you busy Saturday?" Eri asked.

Kagami backed away, feeling nervous from their intense gazes. "Well yeah, I was planning on hanging out with my brother that day."

The trio frowned, expressing their disappointment. "I see."

"That's too bad."

Her heart warmed at their persistence. The thought of people wanting to spend time with her made her happy and she didn't want to let their feelings go unnoticed. "Though, I can ask him if we could go out later in the day."

"You mean..."

"I can spare a few extra hours," she said with a closed eye smile.

The trio cheered and hive-fived each other at their victory. "Awesome!"