Chapter 53: Kagome's Feelings And A Brother's Love

Haku's pov

Something's wrong. Very wrong.

I was watching Kagami from the couch as she was making breakfast. She seemed normal at first, however...

"Ow." That was her third time bumping into a wall. She could be clumsy at times but never when it came to cooking. This is a problem.

My little sister has been in a daze and I don't know why. Something must've happened while I was out. Time to investigate. "Kagami, did something happen yesterday?"

She stiffened before scratching her cheek. "Nothing major. I made some new friends and I got to hang out with one of them after school."

My eyes narrowed in skepticism. My gut says it's a boy. "You sure? You look like you've been lovestruck or something."

My sister's face went entirely red and she shook her head in denial. "It's not like that!"

I deadpanned. It's definitely a boy. I decided to leave her be since I already got my answer. "Are we still hanging out today?"

She nodded as she placed my breakfast down on the coffee table. "Mhm, I'll just be out for a few hours but I'll be back in time for the planetarium."

"With girls?"

"With girls. By the way, what's with the getup?" she asked while examining me. "You look..."

My hair was down and held back with a bandana. I was wearing a loose gray sweatshirt with black pants. If you exclude the frilly green apron I had on it was a pretty normal outfit. However, I understood the vibe I was giving off. I sent a hard glare to shut her up.

She held her tongue, sweating profusely. "Very nice today."

I gave her a closed eye smile. "Why thank you." 
.
.
.
"See you later." I waved her off until she was out of sight. Closing the door, I looked around our home with a certain agenda.

"Now then." I went ahead and took care of the dishes to lighten the load for my sister. What should I do? Do I really let her go back to that era?

When I finished I decided to do some cleaning around the house to keep myself busy. Thanks to the amnesia, Kagami has been acting like her usual self. But what will happen if those memories come back to her? Even though my mind was occupied, my body stayed productive. As I cleaned the kitchen counter, the memory of my sister crying in my arms resurfaced.

I don't want to see her like that again.

But I don't want to send her back to that Inuyasha guy either. Irritation was bubbling up within me as my cleaning became more aggressive. After wiping down all the counters, I grabbed a broom to start sweeping the floors. If I ever see him, there will be hell to pay. "Bastard, making my sister cry."

My grip tightened on the broom as my eyes burned with a fiery vengeance. "I'll kill him!"

3rd person pov

The girl met up and began their day of fun. From shopping at the mall to taking photos for keepsakes, they were having a good time talking and catching up. When noon arrived, they decided to go to WcDonald's to grab a bite to eat.

However, when they got their food there was an unusual tension amongst them. Yuka, Ayumi, and Eri looked back and forth between Kagami and Kagome who were sitting in front of each other. They weren't very talkative today as they seemed to be in two completely different moods. One looked rather depressed while the other had their head in the clouds.

The trio silently communicated, choosing who to talk to first. Yuka decided to take the initiative and talk with Kagami first. "Kagami, you seem kinda different today."