Chapter 2: Encounter

Kagome's pov

"Ah, I can't believe this! I yelled out in frustration." Eri, Ayumi, Yuka, and I were sitting in a café catching up on the things I missed while out 'sick'. Not only have I been missing school because of my journey in the feudal era but now I come back with a bunch of tests I haven't studied for.

"Well, what do you expect, Kagome? The teachers reviewed what will be on the test last week while you were out sick again," said Eri as she was messing with her straw.

"Luckily for you, the tests are on Friday so you'll have the rest of the week to study," Ayumi said.

"I guess that is good news." I'm sure Inuyasha and the others won't mind if I stay a few extra days. My attendance is horrendous, I at least need to keep passing grades if I even want to think about graduating.

"You guys will help me right? Won't any of you lend me your notes?" I pleaded desperately.

"Sorry Kagome, but we need these notes to study just as much as you do." Replied Yuka.

"Oh, I see..." I said with a depressing aura.

"But that doesn't mean we can't help you," Eri said.

"Yea, we can have study sessions at your place so we can catch you up. After all, I say learning is better when you have someone to help." Ayumi suggested happily.

"I think it'll be fun too! We haven't been at your place in forever and we can talk about your boy problems." Yuka said.

"My what?" I asked, confused.

"You know that psycho bad boy you always complain about?" she pointed out.

They're talking about Inuyasha. "Oh him, I'm not really in the mood to talk about him anytime soon," I said trying to change the subject.

"Why not Kagome?" Ayumi asked.

"Come on spill it, did you two get into another fight again?" Yuka questioned, intrigued.

"No not really" I mean I did get upset at him for insulting my cooking but it's nothing to hold a grudge over. "He and I have been getting along more recently." I feel like I finally get to know him for who he is now that he's slowly opening up to me more, but we still have a long way to go before we can have proper conversations without arguing at the end of them.

"I still think he's no good for you," Eri said, worried.

"By the way Kagome, we're getting a new transfer student tomorrow," Ayumi said, excitedly.

A transfer student in the middle of the semester? "Do you know who they are?" I asked.

"No, not yet but our teacher said they moved here recently from another prefecture," Eri informed.

"You'll be coming to school tomorrow right Kagome?" she asked.

"Yea, why?"

"Our teacher assigned you to show the new student around," Ayumi said.

"Me?" Even though I probably have the most absences out of anyone in the whole school. I thought, sighing. I picked up my bags and got up, ready to go home.

"Anyway, I'm going to get going guys," I said, suddenly feeling tired.

"Oh how about we go to your place then for that study session? You still need to catch up with the class curriculum." Ayumi suggested.

"Sure, today should be good" as long as Inuyasha doesn't come by for me.

"Great then let's get a move on, the sooner we get this done the sooner we can talk about your boy troubles," Yuka said, enthusiastically.

"Wait I didn't agree to-"

"Come on Kagome or we'll leave you behind," Eri said, already heading to the cafe door.

"Alright then, let's go," I said once again, sighing. We all got up from our seats getting ready to head back to my place. As we were walking to the door, I sensed something strange. It was a different feeling from the sacred jewel shards. Unbeknownst to me, I didn't notice a girl heading straight for me.

"Kagome watch out!" Yuka warned me but it was already too late. Before I could look, I bumped into someone.

Oof. We both crashed into each other and onto the ground.

"Ow ow ow, oh are you okay?! I'm so sorry I should've watched where I was going." Stammered the girl. She had long jet black hair that reached to her knees and big doe-like hazel eyes. She was short and very beautiful, almost like a doll. I should help her before she catches my staring.

"It's alright, I wasn't paying attention either so I'm also at fault," I said, trying to calm her down. "Here let me give you a hand," I said, offering to help her get up.

"Thank you." The moment our hands touched I felt a warm sensation pass through. It was barely noticeable, but I can see it. A soft green light emitted from her chest. But why? I stared at the spot for a while until she got my attention again.

"Um, my hand..." the girl said awkwardly. "Oh right, sorry about that." I chuckled, slightly embarrassed as well.

"Anyway, I got to go now, sorry for bumping into you once again," I said.

"Don't worry about it. It was nice meeting you um Ms?"

"My name is Kagome, Kagome Higurashi."

"Ah, Higurashi-san then. It was nice running into you, well maybe not the 'running into you' part, but I hope you have a wonderful day." She said with a smile. 

"You too!" I waved goodbye to the girl as I left to catch up with my friends. Oh, I forgot to get her name. Well, there's always the next time if we ever meet again.

Kagami's pov

Kagome Higurashi, huh. She seems like a nice girl. I continued my way into the cafe, processing what had just occurred. I recalled the similar outfit she was wearing. She was wearing the same uniform I have for school. Does that mean we'll be going to the same school? I placed my bag down in an open chair by the counter. I felt my heart pumping faster as I grew excited at the thought of making a new friend. I hope I get to run into her again, maybe we could be friends. I thought, smiling a bit. "Now then, time to order some delicious cake!" I murmured, happily making my way towards the counter.

(A/N: Also Merry late Christmas to everyone and Happy Holidays!)